SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Tip up lights

1/9/22 @ 7:24 PM
INITIAL POST
ducks forever
User since 10/15/07

What is available for tip up lights? I am looking for a smaller local company if possible

Displaying 1 to 15 of 20 posts
1/10/23 @ 8:45 PM
Highbridge
User since 1/29/18

I second the vulture system, got some in December. Absolutely worth the money. 

1/10/23 @ 2:35 PM
93flyguy
User since 12/17/10

Try vulture systems. Price is a bit high, but worth the money. Made in Wisconsin 

Tip up lights photo by 93flyguy
1/9/23 @ 11:13 PM
Deertroller
Deertroller
User since 4/30/15

I am a fan of the HT Omni Strike lights.  I have been using them since the ‘80’s and have only had one that had to be replaced  Very simple to use, light, compact, the batteries last for many years.  I have tried and/ or observed others, but am sticking with what works.

12/26/22 @ 2:31 PM
wiscoarborist
User since 11/6/18

Thanks Fowler...I found them at Scheels online,a 2pack for $4. I think I had about 10 tabs open and that was the only online source I could find...I'd rather find a "bulk" source and get a dozen or more but I really don't need that many. Besides,,I have no idea how much icefishing I'll be doing. I doubt I'll be nearly as hardcore as I once was.

With a handful of exceptions I haven't been on the ice for 7 years.

12/26/22 @ 2:22 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Not sure about online but I always found those pin-type batteries around the bobber section in the sporting goods Dept.  Walmart, F&F, etc always seemed to have them in stock.

12/26/22 @ 2:06 PM
wiscoarborist
User since 11/6/18

I'm looking for the batteries for the old school Omni tip-up lights. They used to be called 'pencil style' lithium batteries. I use them for tip-downs too...It's been several years since I icefished seriously and am having toubble finding an online source.

Anyone? 

Thanks.

2/15/22 @ 6:56 AM
iglootipup
User since 1/8/10

$10 at Fleet Farm pull off the existing flag and replace it with this these and they work great!! I bought mine at a local gas station that sold live bait and fishing tackle 

Tip up lights photo by iglootipup
Tip up lights photo by iglootipup
1/26/22 @ 9:51 PM
ducks forever
User since 10/15/07

I ordered some from just the tip. Got them yesterday. Not sure how I will like them on my homemade tip ups but they will work good on my beaver dams 

1/12/22 @ 5:07 PM
driffter
PRO MEMBER User since 8/31/01

just the tip light

justthetiplight.com

1/12/22 @ 8:14 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Just the tip may work for you as they are really light wt. I would get one to make sure. The question would be that the spring steel holds it in proper position to actuate, you can play with them to get the proper angle to be off when flag is down and on it tripped position. I think they will work.

1/12/22 @ 7:05 AM
ducks forever
User since 10/15/07

And I am only looking for a light. Looking to be under $20 each as I need 6 of them

1/12/22 @ 7:04 AM
ducks forever
User since 10/15/07

For reference this is a similar style flag as to what I have. They are the flat spring steel flags. I need something that will attach to them

Tip up lights photo by ducks forever
1/11/22 @ 4:29 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Ducks if you mean the just the tip lights as to how they attach, you just slip the elastic band around the tip of the flag. I'll second the Vulture sensors. They are a bit pricey but work well.

1/11/22 @ 12:46 AM
jwog666
jwog666
User since 7/30/10

Vulture systems sensors are where its at. Wisconsin owned small business, and a great product.  I highly recommend them. Sensor turns on a light if you choose and notifies a pendant remote you keep on you. 1 mile range, and a flashlight mode to keep people from running over your tip ups in the dark.

Tip up lights photo by jwog666
Tip up lights photo by jwog666
1/10/22 @ 10:11 PM
ducks forever
User since 10/15/07

Bemidji I looked at those but have not been able to find anything that shows how they attach. Most lights won't work on my setup's because they are made for the beaver dam style tip ups.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 20 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE