SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Tip downs.. looking for suggestions

10/27/21 @ 7:04 PM
INITIAL POST
huntfishcrappie
User since 2/23/16

Looking for any suggestions or information on new ones... Looking to purchase some new ones.. I can not build anything my brother got that talent... I can fish..

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
11/2/21 @ 6:49 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

Fish Hound see my post a few posts down about the arctic warrior.  It uses your rod and reel and it tips down when a fish strikes. 

I have lots of different stuff I've bought over the years and the arctic warrior has worked best for me over the years.

11/2/21 @ 4:47 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Anybody had any luck with tip-downs you don't have to hand-over-hand?  Hate that once you start to get into deeper water.

11/2/21 @ 2:15 PM
crappieguy
User since 2/11/02

I still sell them.  $25 completely rigged and ready to fish with the pole.  Sorry about the turned pics

10/28/21 @ 3:44 PM
hook
User since 8/18/01

crappieguy on market place

10/28/21 @ 12:54 PM
logger's hooked up
User since 3/1/11

Mine are all very similar to Bemigi below. I made all the stands and rod's myself. and have made sets of Three for all my nephews and kids I know. I make the rods using old Snoopy catch em and Barbie poles, I find at garage sales. The handles are wooden dowels and if I can find the Right Whitetail antler  I will use that also as a handle. If i find some pictures of my set up I'll post. 

10/28/21 @ 12:46 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06

Fishluvme-The Arctic Warriors are a great setup. We use them for just about everything that swims. You can set them light for panfish or hang a big dead bait for fish with teeth. 

They’re compact and indestructible. You can tailor it for any type of fishing. 

10/28/21 @ 11:56 AM
DuckSlayin88
User since 9/13/11

I 2nd Mr Seaguar.... Innovative Tip Downs are really nice and compact

10/28/21 @ 8:34 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

Kind of a combination tip down/tipup but you get to use your rod and reel, which I like. I mainly use this for perch fishing in depths of 10 feet or more.

Arctic Warrior

10/28/21 @ 7:51 AM
huntfishcrappie
User since 2/23/16

Nice looking.. low profile very nice.. l have some old school jig rods that were my grandfather that would work great on them... right now I run the HT spinning rod set ups... I like the set up you have maybe I can talk my brother into make a few for me . thanks gentlemen.. Bring on the ice..

10/28/21 @ 7:23 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20

I know you don't want to build them yourself but the basically same ones I built are available all over the internet facebook etc and most are alot nicer than mine but a bit pricey for what they cost to build. But yah tip down fishing is a ton of fun. In depth outdoors, etsy, Facebook,  ebay all have tip downs for sale it all comes down to what design you like . I prefer wood for durability and the pope as close to the ice as possible less line dangling in the wind.

10/28/21 @ 7:10 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

Search marketplace.  Many make them.  Buy a couple then make them yourself if you are handy

10/27/21 @ 10:03 PM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

https://www.tipdown.com/

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE