MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link
LOG IN

striker ice suits

1/17/17 @ 5:21 AM
ORIGNAL POST
gobbler
MEMBER since 6/30/01

Anyone have, recommendations as there are different styles ?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 87 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/7/19 @ 3:57 PM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
User since 12/22/04

Climate Bibs and Hardwater Jacket.  Bibs run true to size, Jackets Run big.  Make sure you try them on before ordering online.  I usually don't wear the jacket out to location, but put it on when I start fishing.   I did not get the Climate Jacket because I already have lighter weight jackets to layer with and wanted extra pockets for gear.

11/7/19 @ 12:34 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

I think I'm leaning toward the Trekker, if nothing else than for a decent winter coat. As far as using the heated vest, I spend the majority of my time in the hub with a heater, so wouldn't be depending on it to keep me warm all day. Just while setting up/breaking down. 

11/7/19 @ 10:46 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

My .02 on the topic is that the comparison amoungst ice fishing suits is way over rated. I do 95% of my fishing outside of a shack (the other 5% is with my wife or kid) and I keep a detailed log of weather conditions and how I do of every outing I go on so I can look back at patterns. I've been out in -30 degree real temp and -50 wind chills over the past 2 years and with the proper base layer and layering, I have had no issues with getting cold. And I'll be the first to admit I'm a wuss when it comes to the cold. It is typically the slush and wind that are worse than the cold and to fight the slush you need the right boots and to fight the wind you need any ice fishing coat (they are all windproof) and appropriate layers.

That all being said, I wear the Frabill I3s which are 2 steps below their coldest suit (they make, or used to make, an I5) and anyone with a Striker suit will tell you that it is inferior to striker.

I'd say the Trekker jacket will service you just as well as the predator jacket, don't get caught up in the hype of having the "best of the best" when it isn't needed, spend your money elsewhere! 

11/6/19 @ 6:18 PM
guttersnake
guttersnake
User since 9/15/05

I have the predator bibs and jacket great setup I’m never cold in this getup was out at the end of our ice season last year in se Wisconsin in 30 mph winds not cold at all wasn’t super old but was definitely unpleasant conditions woulda stayed out in it longer if I had better lighting the crappies were snapping that night

11/6/19 @ 1:16 PM
AWichman
AWichman
User since 1/6/16

You may as well buy the Predator Jacket and skip the heated vest. Or buy a cheap waterproof jacket to go over the heated vest for deer season. I'm not sure I would trust a heated vest to stay good all day long on the ice. With the Predator Suit you're good. You can't go wrong with a Striker suit.

11/6/19 @ 1:06 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

Does anyone own or have feedback on the Trekker jacket? I ask because I bought the Predator bibs last year (Love them) and am in the market for the jacket, and while it looks to be a step down from the Predator as far as insulation level, I'm looking at getting a heated vest for deer hunting  and would think a jacket like that plus the vest would be plenty sufficient for how I ice fish (typically in hub with heater, sometimes walking, other times driving). Pretty significant price difference ($150ish vs $230ish), but don't want to regret the purchase either.

2/23/19 @ 8:44 AM
Cold Front
MEMBER since 7/9/01

Got my bibs back today! They fixed the zipper and it looks like the repairs were done perfectly. It took them about 3 weeks which was exactly how long they said it would take. This is a good product and the company stood behind it. Thanks Striker and Mason {the company guy I dealt with}. Mrt.

2/5/19 @ 4:40 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

In-stock Striker Suits on sale at Marine General out of Duluth.


Striker Ice

2/3/19 @ 8:55 AM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
MEMBER since 2/12/02

I have the Climate Jacket and the Predator Bibs.  Great combination.  The  Predator bibs are almost to warm.... can't imagine what the Climate bibs would be like.  Love the climate jacket.  I usually take the shell off when I get to my destination and just fish with the inner jacket and I am plenty warm.


2/2/19 @ 8:41 PM
PRyan
User since 9/30/17

I did lots of research.    I went with the Hardwater Jacket and Bibs.   Love 'em.



DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 87 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.