Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

strikemaster 4 cycle ice auger

1/13/15 @ 4:27 PM
ORIGNAL POST
clearwater
User since 1/14/02
My old jiffy won't cut it anymore,so to speak and was thinking of a 4 stroke auger. Maybe a 2 cycle also. Any suggestions?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/14/15 @ 8:32 PM
genek.
User since 8/20/04
the reason my 4stroke strikemaster subura/robin powered one would bog down was from the plastic auger blade. I changed it out for a metal lazer blade and it will rip through the ice , no loss in power .still use the plastic auger for ice up to 15in. anything over I put on the metal auger blade. I would never go back to a 2 stroke .owned this auger since 2006

1/14/15 @ 7:22 PM
FALLSWALLEYEGUY
FALLSWALLEYEGUY
User since 1/1/10
I have the strikemaster honda 4 stroke combo and have used many other augers including the pro-4, with my easy starts and massive weight advantage along with no mixing gas, I wouldnt trade it for any other auger.

1/14/15 @ 9:43 AM
oldwalt
User since 8/9/01
With any 4 stroke drill make sure you let it warm up at least 2 min. before drilling. I didn't and paid the price ! The Honda engine froze tight. Scoured piston and cylinder. Honda rejected the warranty.

1/14/15 @ 9:30 AM
crappieguy
User since 2/11/02
The new Strikemaster with the Honda motor has no issues with bogging down or being slow unless 2 seconds longer makes a big difference.

If you don't go the 4 stroke route, look at the 2.5 HP Stikemaster Solo Magnum. It cuts ice like butter.

Unless you are looking at reopening a lot of old holes, then I would look at the Stirkemaster solo with the chipper blade.

What size bit are you looking at using 8"?

1/13/15 @ 5:40 PM
Trophy_Taker
User since 4/27/08
I had the strikemaster 4 stroke, didn't like how under powered it was. Traded it in for the 3hp 2 stroke strikemaster and love it. Been using it for 3 seasons now.

The reason I went with the strikemasters over other augers is that I like to stay mobile and I liked how light the auger was compared to others at the time.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.