Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Snow dog sleds

1/23/20 @ 6:27 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Peteupnort
User since 6/9/16

Anyone have any first hand experience with these machines ?  Took one for ride in Iowa ice fishing this winter and was wondering how well they pull sleds in deep snow .

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/24/20 @ 11:53 AM
jwog666
jwog666
User since 7/30/10

To save money you can buy an old snowmobile and make your own if you are handy. 

1/24/20 @ 10:03 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Sorry no first hand knowledge to offer, never even seen one in person.

Honestly though before I would spend 4G on something like that I would probably buy a track kit for the ATV I already have. If you don't already have an ATV I can see that being a much bigger investment, but I think your ROI would be much better too.

1/24/20 @ 9:19 AM
Peteupnort
User since 6/9/16

Thanks for the info. Live in northern Wisconsin. Ice conditions on most of our lakes now require foot traffic or long track snowmobile  1 1/2 ft snow on 2 inch ice with 6 inch slush under then around 6 inch fairly good ice   Was looking for someone that owns a snow dog and would you buy it again for ice fishing

1/24/20 @ 6:51 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Looks like the ratings on their website is pulling 440 pounds.

1/24/20 @ 3:07 AM
genek.
User since 8/20/04

When you say deep snow how deep are you talking? And how much weight you want to pull in the second sled?

1/23/20 @ 8:06 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

No experience, but I've watched a few of the videos online and read a number of reviews. Seems like they do pretty well. One video showed it pulling a moose on bare ground and it was like it didn't have anything behind it. Granted that was bare ground and not deeper snow, but can't imagine it having too many issues. 

Guess you only have one option. Buy one and find out!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.