Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Rockwell drill

11/6/21 @ 4:15 PM
ORIGINAL POST
A Fisherman
MEMBER SINCE 8/21/01

would a Rockwell 18 volt lithium hi/lo work well for use with a 6" niles? Just picked up the drill. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

11/25/21 @ 8:11 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
USER SINCE 2/8/06

Going cheap on a drill is a recipe for disaster. Any of the major brands with with at least 750 inlbs of torque would work for the smaller diameter auger bits, but I wouldn’t  recommend them for the larger diameter or aggressive cutting auger bits. Milwaukee, Dewalt, Rigid are the brands most commonly used. 

I have been using a Milwaukee 1200 inlb drill with both 8” and 10” bits for 5 years now with zero issues. Batteries are as important to the setup as the drill itself. I have (2) 9ah batteries that I take out every time and have yet to need the second battery. 

11/25/21 @ 5:34 AM
river_chaser
USER SINCE 10/3/12
I dont own a nils but one thing I learned when buying a drill or impact driver is to look at the pounds of torque.  What looks like a great buy might be priced lower due to low torque.  Read the fine print

also theres been several past threads on this subject so you can do a search and see what works for people

11/25/21 @ 12:14 AM
A Fisherman
MEMBER SINCE 8/21/01

What are a couple of drills that might be recommended to use with a 6" niles?

11/7/21 @ 1:11 PM
Fish Hound
USER SINCE 1/29/02

Depending on model I would say no, you will not be happy with it. Specs I found show 450 to 490 in-lbs of torque. Can you drill a hole, probably, but my guess is you'll burn it up pretty fast trying to drill any number of them.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.