Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Rockwell drill

11/6/21 @ 4:15 PM
ORIGINAL POST
A Fisherman
MEMBER SINCE 8/21/01

would a Rockwell 18 volt lithium hi/lo work well for use with a 6" niles? Just picked up the drill. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

11/25/21 @ 8:11 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
USER SINCE 2/8/06

Going cheap on a drill is a recipe for disaster. Any of the major brands with with at least 750 inlbs of torque would work for the smaller diameter auger bits, but I wouldn’t  recommend them for the larger diameter or aggressive cutting auger bits. Milwaukee, Dewalt, Rigid are the brands most commonly used. 

I have been using a Milwaukee 1200 inlb drill with both 8” and 10” bits for 5 years now with zero issues. Batteries are as important to the setup as the drill itself. I have (2) 9ah batteries that I take out every time and have yet to need the second battery. 

11/25/21 @ 5:34 AM
river_chaser
USER SINCE 10/3/12
I dont own a nils but one thing I learned when buying a drill or impact driver is to look at the pounds of torque.  What looks like a great buy might be priced lower due to low torque.  Read the fine print

also theres been several past threads on this subject so you can do a search and see what works for people

11/25/21 @ 12:14 AM
A Fisherman
MEMBER SINCE 8/21/01

What are a couple of drills that might be recommended to use with a 6" niles?

11/7/21 @ 1:11 PM
Fish Hound
USER SINCE 1/29/02

Depending on model I would say no, you will not be happy with it. Specs I found show 450 to 490 in-lbs of torque. Can you drill a hole, probably, but my guess is you'll burn it up pretty fast trying to drill any number of them.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Cold Water Deadstick Ice Combos feature a Ceymar micro baitfeeder, a full grip non-reel seat handle for customized placement, and a 1-pcs 24-ton carbon rod blank construction. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Okuma Cold Water Deadstick Ice Combos
Whether you’re looking to plan your next fishing trip, or just make the most of your time on the water, the Humminbird FishSmart app can help. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird FishSmart App
The head, body and goose-feather accents of each jig are entirely purple and enhanced with Ultra Glow technology, which holds a charge for as many as 15 minutes. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: VMC - NEW Glow Purple Tungsten Fly and Bullfly Jigs
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.