SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Resort for Ice Fishing

10/26/20 @ 7:16 PM
INITIAL POST
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09

I would like to plan an ice fishing trip {or two} this winter. I need to find a place with decent fishing that can be found a reasonable sled drag from the landing. I'm in my 50's now and don't have an ATV, so I am limited by how far I can drag my gear. My boys and my friends don't want to go, so I'll be alone.

I was thinking maybe someplace on the Mississippi backwaters, or a smallish lake on a chain somewhere in central to northern WI.

I'm a casual ice fisherman and just use UL or L jigging rods and maybe a deadstick. I like decent action, so I usually just panfish, but a chance for a bonus gamefish would be nice.  

I don't need fancy accommodations. If the place has a bar/restaurant on the premises or a short walk/drive away, all the better. My schedule should be pretty flexible so a mid week trip might work out to avoid any weekend crowds.

Shoot me a PM if desired. Thanks.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
10/28/20 @ 9:08 AM
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05

A friend of mine just bought a resort this summer on Prairie Lake in the Chetek Chain of Lakes. He has 9 cabins in the resort and I know he is keeping at least one open for the winter. I have not ice fished the Chetek Chain so I can't tell you if the fishing is good or not. I was just there at the end of September for a week and the cabin is nice. It has 2 bedrooms. The previous owners had let the Resort deteriorate and the new owners are super nice and have already started making improvements. They also have RV sites on the resort and the tenants really like the new owners and what they have started to do with the resort.

Here is the link to the Resort. 

Shady Grove Resort 

10/27/20 @ 2:53 PM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09

Thanks J4I, that's the exact sort of place I'd be interested in.

10/27/20 @ 7:52 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

I'll put in a vote for Chippewa Pines resort on the Chippewa Flowage. They have a deep hole in the bay they are on that hold crappie and pike all winter, couple hundred yards from shore at most. Crappie run on the smaller side and I'm told pike the same, but plenty of action! 

Smaller resort compared to others on the flowage, friendly owners and a bar/restaurant on site with some other nice restaurants nearby (I'd recommend Blueberry lake oasis). A lot of smaller lakes in the area worth checking out as well. 

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE