SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Recommend Panoptix version

2/1/23 @ 9:37 AM
INITIAL POST
PimplySwede
User since 1/6/09

Looking to upgrade/add to the flasher and camera arsenal.  It will take too long to save up for Livescope, so willing to start with the Panoptix.  Initial research shows there are a few models available. (PS-22, 73-SV, 73-CV, 93-SV)

Any recommendations on ones to look for, or to strongly avoid?  What you like about them or don't like?

Thanks.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
2/2/23 @ 2:10 PM
huntfishcrappie
User since 2/23/16

Pictures kinda suck ..one is down scan and one is side scan... If battery does not have enough juice the unit will not see the scanner and give you a error message saying not seeing panoptix reader..

I also made sure both my units are live scope compatible...

Recommend Panoptix version photo by huntfishcrappie
2/2/23 @ 1:58 PM
huntfishcrappie
User since 2/23/16

This is the bundle package I got 4 years ago... I believe they have updated the pole system and battery to a lithium battery.. it saves about 4 pounds.. The standard battery only lasts 3 years due to power uses on the units...

The side scan switches automatically when you move the main transducer..

The pole system is is okay but make sure you thaw out the Velcro each night.. I believe I had to get a 7 inch auger also.. 

Looking for structure on side scan is very nice then we go to down scan but hole hopping is not easy we hole hop with ice 35..

2/2/23 @ 12:27 PM
Nitz
User since 12/27/02

huntfishcrappie - Thanks for your take on these units.  Is that the original bag that came w/ your 73 ice package?  The current Garmin ones I have seen do not have a spot for the tranducer.

2/2/23 @ 9:02 AM
PimplySwede
User since 1/6/09

Huntfish - I see a puck transducer on your ice unit - does your model also use a directional transducer on a pole for searching a wider area?

From what I've read, the Live Scope can scan farther out to the side than the Panoptix, and with better definition (thus the higher price), but I've see some Panoptix units for sale that have the pole and other transducer.

2/2/23 @ 8:07 AM
huntfishcrappie
User since 2/23/16

I have the 73 ice package and I run the 93 sv uhd on my boat.. easy to upload information on sd card to my ice unit.. Mapping on both units are awesome... Maybe next year I will update to the live scope...l love my Garmin units...

My opinion...

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE