SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Prevent tip ups from being run over

12/20/15 @ 8:25 PM
INITIAL POST
COLDDRIVER
User since 12/19/05
After drilling holes, fill up a 5 gallon bucket with snow and slush, flip bucket over like your making a sand castle and remove bucket next to Your hole, Let that freeze up nice and hard. sit back and don't worry about your tip up. nicest thing if for some reason it still does get ran over I guarantee the person who did it wont make it very far, kindley walk over and ask for 40bucks to replace tip up making sure not to step on any of there busted sled parts.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 15 posts
12/22/15 @ 1:13 PM
B_Z
User since 1/6/05
i use the blue driveway markers they show up good during the day and reflective at night
12/22/15 @ 9:43 AM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01
Ok, now I know what I want for Christmas. 1 dozen land mines. That should do it. Mrt.
12/22/15 @ 9:36 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
Not a fan of orange for flags or any type of marker on the ice. On a sunny day, they show up like crap. I use Black, it always stands out against snow or ice. Obviously not at night, you'd want something reflective.
12/21/15 @ 6:35 PM
Robbollio
Robbollio
User since 10/17/04
Ive had guys park and ask how im doing and before they leave i say look out for the tipup 10 feet in front of you... ran over... nothing works because most of these people are drunk and brain dead... You can put out a barricade with flashing lights and your tipups still won't be safe!
12/21/15 @ 5:56 PM
crossbow davio
User since 2/22/05
why not use spike strips? Wondering Wink imo there is no good answer i mark mine with slats of painted wood but some ahole always feels its no big deal to buzz by at 100 mph reckless and foolish as it may be Crying Puke
12/21/15 @ 12:22 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03
or just don't put them 50 plus yards away from you. I have always had better luck with them close rather than a mile away. Closer they are to me jigging the better. I don't mark mine and never had one run over. Even in the middle of shanty town.
12/21/15 @ 9:56 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
I agree that it's probably not a good idea but I've had a tip up run over that was clearly marked by a piece of PVC pipe with alternating glow and orange pieces of tape on it in broad daylight. The moron on the snowmobile said that he was curious why there was a piece of PVC pipe with alternating pieces of glow and orange tape standing out on the lake so he drove over to check it out. I can honestly say that I wished I had a 5 gallon sized chunk of ice next to my tip up at that time but this guy was apparently so stupid that he probably still wouldn't have figured it out.
12/21/15 @ 9:35 AM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01
Let's see, put up what amounts to a big white rock out there that somebody may hit at night or even in early morning. This is one of those " sounds like a good idea" actions until you think it through. Mrt.
12/21/15 @ 8:56 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12
Yes, bad idea. If you are concerned, put an orange cone next to your tipup
12/20/15 @ 10:59 PM
Edward Felcohands
User since 2/24/09
This is a really terrible idea
12/20/15 @ 8:57 PM
1cast-away
User since 2/2/09
Fair enough.....cuz id be rather upset if I wrecked a vehicle because I drove somewhere you fished 3 days ago.
12/20/15 @ 8:49 PM
COLDDRIVER
User since 12/19/05
When done fishing take auger and drill down middle 8"works great and then just kick it to pcs..... or mark with reflector to fish another day.
12/20/15 @ 8:37 PM
1cast-away
User since 2/2/09
....and then when your done fishing you do what with these?
Displaying 1 to 15 of 15 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE