Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

One man ice shelters

1/22/18 @ 3:53 PM
ORIGNAL POST
pwrproscremin
User since 8/4/08

Looking for opinions on the best one man ice shelter currently available.  Looking at the Eskimo evo1 crossover currently but would like feedback first

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/28/18 @ 10:26 AM
Jav1
User since 1/28/03

I have the evo 1. I bought it because it is has a lot of room for a one man. But, if you move alot it is a pain because in order to keep the unit up and open in the fishing area you need to screw in the ice screws. Then if it is windy it is a real treat to just get it up. I have an otter two man which I love but it weighs 100 lbs and not the easiest to load and unload in my truck. But the reason I bought it was of the room compared to the one man otter. They are so nice to move with and you are setup and fishing as soon as holes are drilled. 

If I did it over I would visit people on the ice and ask them how they like their shelter and look at as many that I can. These units are not cheap and like the mistake I made with the evo 1.

1/22/18 @ 5:59 PM
gray fox
gray fox
MEMBER since 2/22/08

I have a  Clam  Insulated Fishtrap.  Love it!  Mounted cross country skis on sled.  Put LED lights around poles.  My 2 cents

1/22/18 @ 5:55 PM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
User since 12/22/04

10 posts down has your answer....  

1/22/18 @ 4:26 PM
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05

I started looking for a 2-man sled for me and my son. My main issue is tent material. I've read some reviews on flip-overs that have nylon fabric that over time has become very thin. I am looking at new or used. But need to be a flip-over. No more hubs.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.