SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Old Tip-Ups

7/6/20 @ 10:44 AM
INITIAL POST
Walleye Fisher
User since 3/28/05

So I started a thread similar to this many years ago (2007 or 2008 maybe?) and had some replies to it, but for the life of me, I am unable to locate it now. With that said, I'm choosing to start a new thread (albeit at a poor time of year considering the topic) in hopes of getting lucky and finding someone who might be able to help me.

I'm looking for anyone who might have some of the pictured tip-ups OR might know of someone else who might have some.  I'm looking to purchase a few in hopes of being able to repair a couple of tip-ups that belonged to my dad and grandpa to give to my son.  

From what I've been able to gather these tip-ups were sold out of local bait shops around the Lake Winnebago area.  An individual from the Grafton, WI area made them himself and then sold them out of the shops.  They were never sold at a "big box" store or anything like that.  I would venture to say that they are a minimum of 50 years old, so I know the odds are already stacked against me.  

If anyone has seen any tip-ups like these or knows someone I could get in contact with, I would be grateful!  Thanks in advance!

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
2/10/21 @ 11:30 AM
Walleye Fisher
User since 3/28/05

Going to bump this back to the first page one more time...

Anyone seen any tipups like this while fishing the Winnebago System or around Grafton this winter?

12/1/20 @ 11:18 AM
Walleye Fisher
User since 3/28/05

Just going to "bump" this thread I started over the summer to the top to try and get some "new" eyes on it...

7/8/20 @ 9:01 PM
Walleye Fisher
User since 3/28/05

jimbo55will-I will be sure to reach out to you when/if I get down around Milwaukee this summer!  Thanks Again!

7/8/20 @ 12:52 PM
jimbo55will
User since 1/17/07

I'm in West Allis.

7/7/20 @ 11:51 PM
Walleye Fisher
User since 3/28/05

rikj-

Some of my in-laws grew up in Grafton and there are still a couple that live there.  I will ask them about "The Hutch" and see where it leads me.  Thanks for your help!

7/7/20 @ 11:49 PM
Walleye Fisher
User since 3/28/05

jimbo55will-

Where exactly are you located?  I'd be willing to come to you in order to see if what you have matches what I am trying to repair. 

7/7/20 @ 8:14 AM
rikj
rikj
User since 7/29/01

Walleye Fisher, he did also make tip-ups that looked like the ones in your picture. After thinking about it they sold them at the bar(The Hutch) and had one hanging on the back-bar for display. This was 40 years or so ago. Good luck with your search!

7/7/20 @ 7:29 AM
jimbo55will
User since 1/17/07

On further examination I think that these were hand-made and only the spool was made by said company. They are quite cool and I used to use them. I'm 70 years old and when I started ice fishing (and I still do) these are what I used along with the old "cross-like" tip ups.

7/7/20 @ 7:05 AM
jimbo55will
User since 1/17/07

Walleye Fisher,

I have some of these tip ups that I acquired from my wife's uncle who used to rent out boats on Winnebago out of Point Comfort. Fritz and Hilda's place. There is no makers name on these I have but they look very much like the pictures you attached. Let me know how to get one to you. The spool on them says "manufactured by Royal 7YR or TYR Co. Made in the USA".

7/7/20 @ 1:01 AM
Walleye Fisher
User since 3/28/05

rikj-I guess it could be possible?  I would love to know if Romy also made the tip-ups that I attached to the original post though!

7/6/20 @ 9:40 PM
rikj
rikj
User since 7/29/01

Walleye Fisher, there was a guy that hung around the "Hutch" tavern in Grafton that made and sold box style tip-ups years ago. His name was Romey(sp?). He gave me some smoked sturgeon that was great..........Might be the guy you are thinking of? 

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE