MORE
Ice Fishing

New Products 2021/22

8/23/21 @ 8:56 AM
INITIAL POST
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Ohhhh baby it's right around the corner!

Displaying 1 to 15 of 27 posts
1/4/22 @ 8:51 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06

The Ice Angels have been around for years.

Drilling a partial hole in the ice is never a good idea. Unless you finish the hole when you’re done or fill it with water or slush, you’re leaving a dangerous situation for someone to get hurt. A snow covered partial hole is a good way for someone to step in and either injure an ankle or cause a fall. 

1/3/22 @ 10:58 PM
RangerKid
User since 6/26/01

Not a fan of screwing in ice anchors to secure my pop-up. Found this alternative at the end of last season, called an ice angel. Tried it on a pond near by, without attaching it to an ice tent, just to see how well it grips in the hole. Works by drilling a hole part way through the ice with your auger, drop the ice angel in the hole and pull up on the rope, and the wings spread open and dig into the inside of the hole. I think they are going to work good, and it's quick. I sharpened the tips of the wings with a file, so they dig in a little better, and also did a quick mod. I saw on an amazon review by adding a spring at the bottom of the wings, to create a bit of tension, so they don't let go. Don't know how long they have been on the market, but I have never seen them before.

New Products 2021/22 photo by RangerKid
11/8/21 @ 4:53 AM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

I was at Fleet Farm and they have wall after wall of ice gear. Spoons and jigs and jigs and spoons, they all look identical except for the paper and packaging. 

10/25/21 @ 2:13 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

Looks like Jiffy has a new electric drill setup this year again- the new ROGUE.  They also have just the auger and bag you can get (Jiffy Torch).  The auger can be used on their electric auger and possibly the gas ones too?  In the video I read it says it can be put in reverse to work with other drills, so I'm assuming it will work with both electric and gas. 139.99 for the 6" drill only, 169.99 with the carry bag and 10 bucks more for the 8 inch size.

Jiffy Drills

10/23/21 @ 11:26 PM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20

I'm always tempted by new gear but in the end there's nothing wrong with the year l got. Plus the prices are getting a bit crazy.

10/23/21 @ 10:06 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

That thing looked like it had a serious case of the wobble and shakes!

No thanks!

10/23/21 @ 9:15 AM
Mr.Seaguar

That Jiffy Rogue auger looks like people will get themselves killed if they make a mistake with it. 

10/19/21 @ 7:42 AM
Fishrun
Fishrun
User since 6/8/20

I use my ice well as a fish basket when fishing from the canoe. Hangs nicely over the side without scratching. Mine has the zipper down the side. Just have to remember to zipper up before putting fish in. Made that mistake once.

10/18/21 @ 3:08 PM
EYE_SKI
EYE_SKI
User since 3/26/19

if anybody is looking for beaver dam tip ups.. farm n fleet in waukesha has a truckload of them! no price on them that i could see. probably the $39.99 t's thats pretty common. 

10/9/21 @ 12:47 PM
drummer boy
drummer boy
User since 3/14/08

Junkie are you crazy how dare you spend your money the way YOU want to.LOL

10/8/21 @ 10:26 PM
oncebitten
oncebitten
User since 12/7/17

I have used a friend's only one time, and it was a pain in the axx to remove the fish. But I see that they now have a zipper on the side to the bottom of the mesh bag.            I will stick with a pail.

10/8/21 @ 12:19 PM
Kayaker 8
User since 8/28/20
Has anyone here used the Ice Well or Fish Well floating ice well?

Leaning to the Ice Well purchase.

10/5/21 @ 11:19 AM
Da Panfish Punisher
User since 1/25/10

Just picked up a Marcum pursuit hd, anyone have any feedback on it + or -?

9/24/21 @ 3:59 PM
Mr.Seaguar

That's why I don't buy much new stuff. The competition with my buddies is so tight, I can't afford to get off my game. 

I have to replace a Thorne Bros rod but I don't remember if it's a Panfish Sweetheart or a Sweet Thing so I am going to Blaine to buy probably 3 that I like. 

9/24/21 @ 7:26 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

I get 1-2 new rods a year, and new reels to go with those of course. New line yearly. At least 60 new jigs that I'll end up giving to friends or not using. Two orders of plastics yearly. New flasher every 2-3 years. The only thing I have no interest in upgrading regularly is my shack because I rarely use it. Haven't upgraded my auger in 4 years, so that's on this years agenda.

I like new, I'm an outfitters best friend :) My wife tries to understand it, but you can't explain the obsession. 

It definitely doesn't make me a better fisherman having new things, probably worse actually. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 27 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE