LOGIN
Lake-Link

New products 2020/21

8/6/20 @ 9:38 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Hardwater season is right around the corner and new products are coming out! Post below anything new for this season, or new for you! 

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 56 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/24/20 @ 9:54 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Were they planning to release it prior to any of the other GPS/Sonar units being available? Otherwise i'm not sure how an overpriced tablet to integrate the different technologies already on the market would be considered a game changer. 

Clam 2020 New products

Drill battery cover is intriguing, if it works. Even if it doesn't give you more holes in a day, a more stable temperature has to increase long-term battery life. Their "new" reels are the same I think, just offered in right hand retrieve. 

Do gear boxes really offload the drill that much? They just don't seem like they are needed to me. 

8/24/20 @ 8:48 AM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03

“Looks like Marcum made a second attempt at a sonar/GPS unit after their RT series failed miserably.”

The failures were not entirely of their own making so it’s a bit unfair to criticize the company for what happened. The platform was announced and then delayed for a couple of years because of FCC issues. If it would’ve been allowed to go on the market when it was first developed it would’ve been a game changer. 

8/21/20 @ 11:56 AM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

The batteries being released by Marcum are different.  They have a Mite version which is a 7 amp hour Lithium Ion battery, the Brute, King and Max are all Lithium life PO4, which I believe is a Lithium Phosphate battery that are more tolerable to cold weather than a straight up Lithium Ion battery.  The Lithium Phosphate batteries also have a longer life expectancy than a straight up Lithium Ion battery.  They are warrantying these batteries for 10 years or 2000 recharges.  In past dealings with Marcum, they will take care of the customer pretty much no questions asked.  Also noting that all of their batteries come with their reccomended charger, so you do not have to purchase a special charger for them.  Certainly sparks my interest.

8/21/20 @ 8:02 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Lowrance, Humminbird, and Garmin.

8/21/20 @ 7:33 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

What companies are you considering the "big 3"? 

Kudos to Marcum for keeping their batteries in the same price range as the smaller companies, kind of surprised about that. Sucks for Amped outdoors.

8/20/20 @ 1:56 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

The batteries are nothing new, they have been available from other sources for a long time, its just marketing for Marcum now. Many of us have been running Dakota and Amped Outdoors for years. (They just re-label too)

I like Marcum, have an LX-7 as my back up unit and use a Recon 5 for scouting. They seemed to lead the way when the LX-7 was new but got quickly surpassed and left behind by the big three with bigger budgets for R&D.

8/20/20 @ 1:13 PM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

Looks like Marcum is coming out with some pretty cool items, and new lower prices.  If you read about their Lithimum batteries, quite the options there.

8/19/20 @ 1:48 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Now there's an idea! To not have to carry a flasher around while swiss cheezing an area would be super nice. Some days I drill 20+ holes and am dead tired before even wetting a line! Not sure how i'd do ducer swings with an auger bit though...   

Milwaukee and K-drill already seem to be partnered up, i'd shoot them an email before someone else takes credit for your idea!

8/19/20 @ 10:58 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Marcum MX 7 GPS

Looks like Marcum made a second attempt at a sonar/GPS unit after their RT series failed miserably. Personally i'd prefer a sonar unit with GPS that doubles for use in summer rather than integrated into an ice fishing unit. 

8/19/20 @ 8:01 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

I found it online in a couple places (they still say out of stock) that had it listed at $419.99. I would think that would put it right in the ballpark of a drill and bit if you didn't have either already or have any use for a drill the rest of the year.

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 56 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.