MORE
Ice Fishing

New products 2020/21

8/6/20 @ 9:38 AM
INITIAL POST
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Hardwater season is right around the corner and new products are coming out! Post below anything new for this season, or new for you! 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 81 posts
7/26/21 @ 10:33 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

I would hope that people won't be using it to swiss cheese an area. I guess I don't really honestly see the point, if I trust an area enough to not be spudding every few feet, I don't think I'm going to waste the time with a mini drill bit.

I'm wondering if they had enough forward thinking to make it big enough to allow a ducer head to fit through. I could see a use to it if I can quickly drill 50 tiny holes big enough for my ducer head early ice to scout an area rather than drilling 50 six inch holes to do the same thing. Would save a ton on battery life

7/26/21 @ 7:29 AM
mcgeer
User since 12/4/18

Junkie4ice - what do you think that will do for ice conditions once someone swiss cheeses the ice every 4 feet? Will those tiny little holes make everything weaker before it refreezes?

7/23/21 @ 5:05 PM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20

I also found that jiffy has a bit called the torch which looks like the pistol or k drill style and I finally found a video of the rogue it looks just like the clam/trophy angler electric auger to me the rogue just looks heavy but who knows. Just passing along what I found. Can't wait to see what other brands come out with for ice fishing this year.

7/23/21 @ 8:38 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Also looks like jiffy is coming out with a drill attachment for quickly checking ice conditions. Looks like it drills a tiny hole through the ice and tells you the ice depth. Seems a little unnecessary when a spud bar can do the same.

7/23/21 @ 8:35 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Looks like the Rogue comes in a 6, 8 or 10" priced under $700. Wonder what the 10" will be able to handle as far as number of holes. I don't think anyone else makes an electric 10" auger do they?

7/22/21 @ 5:50 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20

Jiffy is coming out with a 2 speed auger called rogue. Just passing on a new product. 

3/16/21 @ 1:45 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Hey, I have one of the retractable stools for ice fishing and like it a lot.

I fish on my knees, but every once in a while its nice to take some weight off or sit and re-tie if needed. It fits nicely in my backpack for early ice or long walk-ins.

3/16/21 @ 11:51 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

There's no where to throw all your miscellaneous items at the end of the day, ill stick to a bucket!   

I heard there was a leaked photo on FB of Otter's new shacks for next year. I did not see them myself, but heard they looked pretty awesome. Anyone happen to see them?

3/16/21 @ 10:04 AM
perch chaser
User since 2/6/03

Is there no shame!! ... a conspiracy to replace the traditional 5gal bucket.  LOL

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=RugbyBal+portable++stool

12/17/20 @ 8:23 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Fish Hound - I've gotten about 20 hours of use out of my piscifun icx reel so far and surprisingly haven't had any problems with the line jumping off the reel like I did with the BB freefalls. Like you said, the line and trigger are my biggest issue but to be honest, I'm starting to get over it. I really like the reel outside of that design flaw. Without gloves on it really isn't a big deal, it's easy enough to push the line out of the way but with gloves on it is virtually useless...

12/15/20 @ 4:48 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

I've heard good things about the Piscifun ICX Inline until people tried it then major complaints about the release handle being tight on the line and having trouble pulling the lever without pulling the line.

Seems an obvious design flaw they will need to fix. I also don't care for the fact they don't have a line window coming off the reels. 13 Fishing has added one to prevent the line from jumping off the spool.

The lever on most free spoolers seems to be designed for pistol grip fisherpeople so it worked for me and been up and out of the way.

12/15/20 @ 12:05 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

I see this is new so not sure if anyone has even had a chance to use one yet, but has anyone heard any reviews on Cabela's new Eze Drill

11/10/20 @ 11:03 AM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09

I just bought a Piscifun ICX Inline Ice Fishing Reel. It has the 2.6:1gear ratio.

It seems to have solved the two major problems I always encounter with inline reels, their crappy,sticky drags and their funky free spool mechanisms. 

This Piscifun has a true carbon fiber drag and a nice lever to engage/disengage the free spool.

The fit and finish of this reel also looks to be much better than other inlines I've handled.

Looking forward to trying it out.

11/10/20 @ 8:10 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20

Not to change the subject but saw scheels sells a cooking giddle or cooking grate that attaches to a mr. Heater buddy. They are made by lakco. 

11/10/20 @ 7:54 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20

All I own is jiffy augers but, the toy your showing is just that a toy. The other thing is how do you transport it bed of the pick up would take up a lot of space with all the ice fishing gear. It would be a great Xmas gift for a kid and and towing a sled i don't see that happening. Most the time I have chains on my ATV under some conditions like a lot of slush under the snow it's a pain. I have run my ATV through snow drifts taller then that thing.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 81 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE