LOGIN
Lake-Link

New products 2020/21

8/6/20 @ 8:38 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Hardwater season is right around the corner and new products are coming out! Post below anything new for this season, or new for you! 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 72 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

11/10/20 @ 10:03 AM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09

I just bought a Piscifun ICX Inline Ice Fishing Reel. It has the 2.6:1gear ratio.

It seems to have solved the two major problems I always encounter with inline reels, their crappy,sticky drags and their funky free spool mechanisms. 

This Piscifun has a true carbon fiber drag and a nice lever to engage/disengage the free spool.

The fit and finish of this reel also looks to be much better than other inlines I've handled.

Looking forward to trying it out.

11/10/20 @ 7:10 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20

Not to change the subject but saw scheels sells a cooking giddle or cooking grate that attaches to a mr. Heater buddy. They are made by lakco. 

11/10/20 @ 6:54 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20

All I own is jiffy augers but, the toy your showing is just that a toy. The other thing is how do you transport it bed of the pick up would take up a lot of space with all the ice fishing gear. It would be a great Xmas gift for a kid and and towing a sled i don't see that happening. Most the time I have chains on my ATV under some conditions like a lot of slush under the snow it's a pain. I have run my ATV through snow drifts taller then that thing.

11/9/20 @ 6:35 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
User since 7/9/12

I wouldn’t waste the money for up north either. After 1 snowfall that machine will not go through anything. Good for basement or driveway in summer. 

11/9/20 @ 11:43 AM
jcc
User since 4/6/14

Interesting device, but wouldn't waste the money here in Milwaukee area.Lucky if we even get enough ice to hold someone on that thing.

11/9/20 @ 10:14 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01

I saw Larry Smith used one out there last year once.  He did not have a float on it, but the law states any vehicle, so you would need one.  A guy posted on here a year or two ago a machine he made using a snowblower and he brought that in to get inspected cause the law does state any vehicle.  I want to say it was Madgill who made that interesting machine?  Anyhow, Dane County changed the rules slightly this year that you're no longer required to get them ispected and a permit, however the rules still apply for having the proper flotation on Lakes Mendota, Monona, and Wingra, so if you get stopped while out on the lake you better be able to prove you have proper flotation.  They do check while out there.

11/9/20 @ 8:03 AM
perch chaser
User since 2/6/03

Anyone use one on lakes that require floats??

:ie Madison

11/8/20 @ 9:35 PM
jigger
jigger
MEMBER since 6/18/01

They are still owned and made by Adam Ford. Has parts frame and most stuff made in the Green Bay area. Assembled in his basement. They use Jiffy as they work the best and have the power to run them the best. Jiffy just supplies the motors and drill augers. I have one and can't wait to use it this year. Will pull my portable and save me lots of walking.

The motor comes off the ice machine, so you can use it for drilling holes....Make better use of the Auger. Maybe next year they will have more brackets that fit more brands of ice drills. Right now they have about 20 left to sell for this year. Sold about 50 units so far in the last two years. Can watch videos of the unit on Facebook or Youtube under iceaugermachines.com 

10/27/20 @ 12:49 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01

If that's true then the guy that made them out of his garage must've sold out to a company.  Too bad! Not that I'd be interested in one, but I'd think you could sell way more of these if you could use any auger with them!

10/27/20 @ 11:52 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Maybe they used to, not anymore. Now they even have to be the newer Jiffys with the appropriate transmission to fit the bracket. 

They even sell Jiffy power heads direct, my guess is there is a partnership between the two companies.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 72 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.