USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
User since 2/13/17

This

2/11/19 @ 2:58 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

It sucks about your pile of crappies but hopefully they went home and licked their owner in the face or rubbed the fish odor on the carpet.

I do this when new people buy or build near our place up north and think that it's OK to let their dogs run. I go out and catch a bunch of bluegills or crappie, fillet them and dump the guts near the property line. Works better in summer. I've watched dogs roll around in it a few times. That had to be pleasant for the owner!

2/11/19 @ 2:42 PM
Bud Wise 2
Bud Wise 2
User since 9/5/13

Couple years back on center Lake Salem wi two (dogs)doverments come out and eat our pile of crappie in seconds. no Dog owner around .Sure wasn't no  Telling them not to.  The way they inhaled them bones N sharp spikes. Actually felt  Bad for them Coming out the other end ouch. I suppose 9th wonder of the world.

2/11/19 @ 1:51 PM
auqaman
User since 3/17/14
I can't stand young punk children like this little boy cleaning out the truck mommy and daddy bought him out on the lake
1/28/19 @ 1:51 AM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10

I would have chased that woman down and probably threatened to call the DNR. Thats is BS.

1/27/19 @ 8:50 PM
Lastcastmaybeknot
User since 4/20/16

Today in my flipover away from the crowd I hear a voice. Sounds like a kid.....  Not a kid    a woman. Hollering at her carpet p;ssing dog.  As I look out the dog runs to my shack and I hear it step on the flap.  Then I hear her laugh and the dog runs off.  I was about to move so I flip open and check.  Sure as lib the little falker peed on my shack.  Worse than annoying

1/25/19 @ 10:25 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

That's awesome Ulbian!

1/17/19 @ 11:14 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
Love the setup! It sort of reminds me of Al Czervik’s (Rodney Dangerfield) golf bag in Caddy Shack.
1/16/19 @ 10:01 PM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03

I’ve gotten a few questions via PM on the kitty litter hole hopping bucket. I’ve posted pics of it in the past in the ice fishing inventions thread but those were older versions of the thing. So I’ll tie it in to things that annoy me when ice fishing because that was the reason why I’ve built these things. 

Annoying things are bending over for a beer or having it tip over or blow over on the ice. Hole hopping carrying multiple things...chair, flasher, extra rods, bait...is a bit tedious. This is an all in one contraption that will carry everything. You just need to bring along a chair if you want. Plus it eliminated the “need” for a dedicated power box.....plus it has a set of white LED lights and green LED lights. 

This is my third one. The previous versions weren’t balanced right and were a bit top heavy/tippy. I run a 12ah battery and it’s positioned in the rear (away from the flasher) of the pail. The exterior accessories (beer holder, camera, radio, rod holders) all counter balance one another so when you pick it up it hangs level with no tipping from side to side at all. 

What you can’t see in this picture are a USB port for charging phones and if needed my camera, a 12v socket, and a 5.5mm jack which I use to run a set of underwater lights. 

The radio is a BOSS marine stereo with built in speakers and it is a Bluetooth radio. That radio appears to be discontinued. If it wasn’t I buy a dozen or so of them and start selling this contraption. The antenna is a pretty basic $12 find on Amazon. Everything inside is wired through a basic fuse block except the flasher which has fuse directly in the wiring. 

The total cost for materials/components (minus battery, flasher, camera) was around $50 and was primarily purchased on Amazon. Total assembly on this one from ground up took less than two hours. Previous versions took much longer but once you know what you are doing it goes much quicker. 

Edited to add pics of previous versions: 

1/16/19 @ 9:35 PM
yahay
User since 11/28/07

Took "Sally" out this afternoon for a date.  She really is growing on me.. She is quiet, well mannered, respectful, never complains and never say's "No".  I just couldn't take my eyes of her sharp curves, all 7" of them, and yet she is so very very quiet. 

Her batteries were fully charged & all it took was for a soft gentle pull of her trigger and it was game on.  She performed so so very well.  Flawless performance.  It was a great afternoon, just "Sally" & I in our own special spot. I think I have found a keeper.  Oh Boy is this gonna be good.

Sally is one sharp performer, trust my every word, and as the sun set and as the flags started poppin, I calmly covered Sallys' two sharp edges and retired her until  we meet again, (tomorrow btw). 

(I think she's the one).

1/16/19 @ 8:33 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

That there is good American ingenuity.I love your work Ulbian.It looks like the Sally club has a good sized membership.I'm glad to be a card carrying member and my back is a also.

1/16/19 @ 5:15 PM
clueless
User since 10/24/04

I'm wishing I were a "sally". I just had hernia surgery and have a 20# lifting limit for a couple weeks. I think my propane auger weighs 38#.  

1/16/19 @ 4:13 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

Great idea for the can holder! Nice easy access. Think I may add one to my sled!

1/16/19 @ 3:31 PM
perch chaser
User since 2/6/03

Nice setup Ulbian...I see you got a perfect height for the beer can?? holder...no need to worry about tennis elbow. One improvement could be made, how about a spent beer container...or should one just keep pi$$ing on the ice? :>) LOL      

1/16/19 @ 3:11 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Ulbian - patent that and get it on the market! I'll be your first customer. That would really boost my drinking game.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 480 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE