KOWZDEER
User since 4/25/09

I'm upgrading from a basic flasher.

Which one would you buy and why?

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
12/2/22 @ 10:29 AM
Griswald
User since 1/17/16

Realize it's an old post but I'm trying to make the same decision and curious what you went with and if you have any regrets. 

9/26/20 @ 7:27 AM
KOWZDEER
User since 4/25/09

It would be irritating spending almost $700 on a humminbird to have to spend another $100 on a lithium battery that actually works with the unit.

9/24/20 @ 11:06 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

The MX7 is new this year, but my understanding is that it was designed as an ice unit, not an open water unit converted to work for ice.  It also comes with that sweet 10 AH Brute Lithium battery, which I see is a $100 option with a charger.

8/30/20 @ 7:42 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Two seasons ago I switched from an LX-7 to a Humminbird Helix 7.  I kept the LX-7 as a back up but it hasn't been used since.

I use both on graph, not flasher.

8/29/20 @ 11:34 AM
KOWZDEER
User since 4/25/09

Or maybe I should just ask marcum versus humminbird which one would you pick?

8/29/20 @ 9:00 AM
KOWZDEER
User since 4/25/09

I really wanted a dual unit that included GPS. I've seen other post where people say you could just have the app on your phone. But I don't like to have my phone out on the ice that much. Don't ask me how I know it's not a good idea to have your phone out on the ice even with 6" holes.

I see that with the Markum you can use navionics and with the hummingbird you can use navionics or lakemaster I've never had experience with the lakemaster.

I don't know if one is better than the other.

I really want to go with the Markum, but I am hesitant to go with a new model right out of the gate. I personally wouldn't buy a new car that was in its first model year.

Has anyone had any experience with the new model MX7?

8/28/20 @ 11:16 AM
gater
User since 11/25/07

I started using the helix 5 last year for ice fishing. I liked it a lot. I already had it for the boat, i just got the ice kit for it.

It just comes down to if your a humminbird guy or not.

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE