Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Mr Heater Buddy vs Tag-a-long heaters

12/17/14 @ 12:31 PM
ORIGNAL POST
pepperbox453
User since 1/3/12
Has anyone used a Mr. Heater tag-a-long heater before? How do they compare to the buddy heaters? They look similar and the product description is close, but the tag-a-long costs about $20 less right now. I am looking to get a "safe" heater for my Quickflip 3 so I can take my wife and 3 year old out comfortably and want a heater that is indoor safe and will throw out enough BTU's. Any insights are appreciated.

Thanks.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
12/21/14 @ 4:38 PM
JethroBodine
User since 12/21/01
Never been a fan of the Buddies, especially around kids. Too much carbon monoxide. There is a reason Coleman catalytic heater sell for more than they cost new on ebay.

12/18/14 @ 2:12 PM
Thump55
User since 7/19/04
I made a small metal guard that protects the pilot light from a little breeze. Works a lot better.

12/18/14 @ 11:57 AM
pepperbox453
User since 1/3/12
Thanks for the insights. I pulled the trigger and bought a Sunrite tag-a-long heater which looks like it is Mr. Heaters generic version. It says it puts out a max of 8,000 BTU's so hopefully I'll stay warm. Does anyone just let there buddy heater in the sled behind the seat? That's what I am hoping to do to avoid my 3 year old touching the heater.

12/17/14 @ 8:18 PM
marbleeyes7
marbleeyes7
User since 4/1/12
If you face the back of the shack to the wind and then turn the heater around so any draft coming in hits the back side of the heater will help. But I have never had mine blow out before. Turn off if it is not level but never blow out. But the buddy heater will cook you out of a 3 man shack between the 2 temp settings.

12/17/14 @ 6:31 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
User since 2/15/10
if your having trouble with your buddy heater in the quick flip 3 do this i built a removable stand for my heater for in the sled behind me so it cant be blown out.

12/17/14 @ 5:49 PM
JustPerchinAround
User since 1/16/14
I am using the Buddy heater in my Eskimo Fatfish 949. It should throw plant of heat for your shack. Always vent your shack no matter what heater you go with. The Buddy will shut off if it gets bumped, but I don't feel like it is as sensitive as others say it is. I generally run mine with the hose attached to a 10lb tank rather than the small cylinders…...

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.