Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Men's boots for the women in your life

11/19/19 @ 12:38 PM
ORIGNAL POST
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

I've been blessed with a daughter who takes after her mother and has gigantic feet lol. Looking at craigslist ads, the selection of women's boots is pretty meager. Do anybody's wives/daughters wear men's boots in an appropriate size instead? My wife and daughter are both size 9 to 10 women's, but have a lead on a pair of cabela's men's size 9 that would be a lot better than the cheap boots they currently have.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/22/19 @ 6:41 AM
UFCreel
User since 1/4/11

Get their feet measured for mens sizes. My wife wears a mens size 8. She loves her Baffin Apex and white Micky's. Claims she has never had a womens boot as warm as those.

11/21/19 @ 1:17 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Nice find!

11/21/19 @ 8:10 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

Picked up the boots last night. It was a woman who was selling them no less lol. She bought them for deer hunting last year, but were a little snug with thicker socks, so they were worn less than one season. Cabela's Predator Extreme, camo version, normally $180 or more....got them for $40 lol. Best part? They fit my daughter nearly perfectly with a little more room to grow, so they're probably the last pair she'll need for a while! Craigslist strikes again! 

11/21/19 @ 6:08 AM
red rover
MEMBER since 8/19/12

Both my wife and myself love our Bogs boots. 

11/20/19 @ 8:29 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

My wife also has big feet. She deer hunts with me and is getting more and more into ice fishing. She has always hated dressing in big bulky clothes and then having to tie laces on her boots. 2 years ago she wanted new boots and went with a pair of Muck Woody Max boots. Insulated rubber boots so they’re warm, water proof and no laces to deal with, she loves em. I had the same ones but this year I needed new boots and went with Muck Arctic Pro’s, I like these even better but they’re too warm to wear during early season bow hunting but great for late October through February. 

11/20/19 @ 4:46 PM
mskyadk
User since 11/11/01

My wife loves hers, took 35yrs to get her to warm up to good outer gear but being warm warm an idea.

Her words on the photo

11/20/19 @ 7:42 AM
Paddle Power
Paddle Power
User since 1/6/17

Yes and no. My wife has struggled with that for the last decade plus. I think your problem is worrying about growing feet. Women's hunting gear is slowly getting better and more popular.. slowly.

If you're willing to spend money there is always USA made Danner's but they're pricey and probably not something you'd want to spend on feet that are going to grow. The next suggestion I would tell you is the women's Lacrosse Alphaburly boots (now Alphaburly Pro), my wife is on her 3rd year with the 1600 gram insulated version and she loves them, but you're right for the most part you're stuck looking at men's footwear.

11/19/19 @ 12:46 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

My wife wears men's boots (size adjusted), most of the lady boots are to worried about being cute to be warm and waterproof. I'll have to tell her she has gigantic feet because she wears a ladies 10 as well. The "rule" is 1.5 less in men's but we use that as a starting point only and find it varies. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.