MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

March Ice Fishing, My favorite time of year!

3/4/16 @ 7:15 PM
ORIGINAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
USER SINCE 4/2/02
Anyone else pumped to fish in March? Sitting on 16 inches of ice in 45 degree weather is always a nice thing. However, not sure how long the ice will last down south and even up here, we'll have to make it past the next twelve days before it cools down again. Might not last too long this year. Might go very quick. But, plenty out there now and it's a great time of year to fish. Anyone else pumped to be in the March ice fishing period?

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 91 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

3/16/21 @ 6:00 PM
Get.the.net
USER SINCE 12/30/13

was up north last weekend and put a hurting on the crappies. Ice was 18"-20" but the shoreline where we accessed was going. Panny optics finally paid off. found some schools of deep water crappies & was able to hang with em till picked a limit. Tons of fun, my son, my brother, & myself. 3 man limit. Don't get your pannies in a bunch, it's the only fish we kept all season & it was a big lake. LOL

3/16/21 @ 5:04 PM
John13
USER SINCE 2/6/21

Put the ice fishing gear away Sunday here in Southeast Wisconsin.Hate this Global warming garbage,ice should be on lakes till at least April 1.Always were ask kid in 1970's.

3/16/21 @ 3:38 PM
Tim Zwieg
USER SINCE 1/10/12

I am sad, I might be done for the season.  Trying to get out tomorrow afternoon, but I am not sure if we will be able to.

3/15/21 @ 9:13 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER SINCE 6/22/01

I got out one last time on Saturday.  Only 3 feet of water but the ice was sketchy for my almost 350 pound self! I tested the ice the whole way out but it didn't break through except for spots where old holes were and weeds to the top of the ice. I could hear water coming up and the ice sinking as I stepped on it.  Four other guys as crazy as I was to be out there, but the fish were biting!

3/15/21 @ 1:19 AM
jaybeeturtle
USER SINCE 3/17/06

2 pictures,  one at 8am Wednesday,  the other at 330 pm Thursday 

3/14/21 @ 10:54 PM
jaybeeturtle
USER SINCE 3/17/06

Yeah, get out while you can, n.pike. Down here, a week ago, I thought I could fish Monday thru Friday, but I had to call it at noon Wednesday. Ice got bad alarmingly fast. The next day, a guy went thru the ice and had to be rescued at a lake nearby. 

3/14/21 @ 10:27 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER SINCE 4/2/02

Had a lot of ice today in the northwoods, but who knows how long it'll last. The forecast just keeps getting worse and worse. Has been happening all month for all of us, regardless of where we live in Wisconsin. 

3/12/21 @ 7:26 AM
Fish Hound
USER SINCE 1/29/02

Agreed, last Saturday we fished with ATV's and commented on how well the lake had held up so far, this weekend you could back a boat in the launch at the same lake. That was WAY to fast!

3/11/21 @ 5:08 PM
DuckSlayin88
USER SINCE 9/13/11
Wish I could say that I enjoyed March ice fishing this year, but the window was so small here in southern WI. I don't doubt there is still ice fishing out there to be had, but its over for me. Places I was on last weekend with ATV are open water now. 

3/11/21 @ 3:27 PM
jaybeeturtle
USER SINCE 3/17/06

Did get some nice fish the last day, sorry to see the season end. The 12 to 15 inch smallmouth were slamming the spoon, that was fun!

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 91 POSTS
Advertise here
Precision trolling with a low profile at an affordable price. Loaded with features, the Convector Low Profile Line Counter will keep you in the strike zone! PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Okuma Convector Low Profile Line Counter Reel
Keep your beverages nice and cood with double-walled vacuum insulation from Grizzly. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: GRIZZLY COOLERS - Grizzly Drinkware
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.