LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

March Ice Fishing, My favorite time of year!

3/4/16 @ 7:15 PM
INITIAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Anyone else pumped to fish in March? Sitting on 16 inches of ice in 45 degree weather is always a nice thing. However, not sure how long the ice will last down south and even up here, we'll have to make it past the next twelve days before it cools down again. Might not last too long this year. Might go very quick. But, plenty out there now and it's a great time of year to fish. Anyone else pumped to be in the March ice fishing period?
Displaying 1 to 15 of 144 posts
8/31/22 @ 12:09 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

My favorite too.       A close second choice would be November to ice up.   Opening day through Labor Day is for gardening except for THE BIG LAKE.         January is for sleeping.      CARPIO 

8/31/22 @ 6:52 AM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

I'm ready for it! Been thinking about it the past few weeks now. Every year sometime between July 4th and Labor Day I start getting excited for ice fishing. 

8/30/22 @ 9:37 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

Just 3 months to ice fishing!

March Ice Fishing, My favorite time of year! photo by jaybeeturtle
5/2/22 @ 7:29 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Almost all good things have to come to an end. It was a fun season. Lasted really long and many good memories made on the ice.  Until next year….

4/22/22 @ 10:27 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Pretty good bite today. 

One of the guys in our group got a 17 inch bass on a jig rod. That was fun to see! Here’s  a perch  that I caught, tbought it was pretty big, then looked at  the picture and realized it wasn’t! LOL.

March Ice Fishing, My favorite time of year! photo by n.pike
4/19/22 @ 10:45 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Got out today. Great weather and ice conditions. Fishing was poor. Not sure how much longer the ice will last for safe fishing, but it will be on the lakes for a while yet.

4/13/22 @ 9:53 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Slow melt. In our driveway, after 3 warm mostly cloudy days and lots of rain… there is still lots of ice. Just shows how stubborn ice can be. Yes, it took a hit, but we might have lost only an inch of ice on the driveway in the spots where it built up. .  It’s a slow melt process on those lakes. Colder weather coming back.  I noticed too that it really cooled when the rain came. A 43 degree rain isn’t near as bad as a 55 degree rain.  But, open water will be here soon. Just enjoying this extended ice season! 

4/10/22 @ 9:38 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

I hope you do. Sure is fun when those smallies hit open water.  Such powerful fish and I really like the various colors/shades they can be!

This one actually got caught in a branch or something under the ice in 18 FOW. Very fortunate to have landed it. 

4/10/22 @ 6:24 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

Nice one pikey.I hope to put few like that in the boat in June.

4/9/22 @ 10:49 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Had about 24 inches of ice today. In layers. Definitely getting weaker on the top. But what a great day to be out! Got this dandy. This is on one of the lakes up north that does allow year-round fishing for multiple species.  (Plus bass is year round catch and release everywhere) 

3/31/22 @ 5:50 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

There are certainly some challenges of living up north, but the late ice is one of my favorite things! Really long season.

3/31/22 @ 1:04 AM
Last Sniff
Last Sniff
User since 1/15/22

Lucky you, down here our last day was 2/28/22 

3/30/22 @ 2:00 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Still a long ways to go up north here.. Plenty of ice. No major warm-ups in the forecast. Looking forward to the extended season!

3/29/22 @ 6:47 PM
Fishrun
Fishrun
User since 6/8/20

After calling it quits on Friday the 18th I pulled a Tom Brady and hit my favorite lake yesterday and today. Pleased to find 15" of solid ice. Tough bite but came home with enough keeper bluegills for a meal each day. 

3/23/22 @ 11:04 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Agree! So much ice out there and below normal temps coming!  Gonna be a late ice out.
Decent fishing today despite the snowstorm. My brother got this unexpected fish!  Cool markings.  (Lake with special regs-thus the tip up line).

Displaying 1 to 15 of 144 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE