SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Learning more of the site

12/8/23 @ 4:34 PM
INITIAL POST
HMBiome
User since 11/28/23

I am fairly new to the site.  I know roughly what lake I want to head out to for the winter for regular ice fishing.  What is the best way to get an update on the ice thickness before driving out?

Thanks all

Edit for spelling
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
12/9/23 @ 3:38 AM
HMBiome
User since 11/28/23
Thanks,
I saw where to report the water temp and ice thickness.  ​I didn't see anywhere that listed it.  I am going to guess it must not be thick enough yet that there is anything to report then.

Thanks again
12/8/23 @ 5:08 PM
Direwolf66
PRO MEMBER User since 2/21/20
Go to the lake in the fish reports. There is a ice thickness tab that people will use when/ if they do a report. Generally every other question this time of year is how thick is the ice? Most people put it in there report though just need to look back 
12/8/23 @ 5:05 PM
C-P-R-#1
User since 2/14/08
check the lake reports for the lake you're wanting to fish, but never 100% trust someone else.  Remember, ice can change dramatically, and it's always a risk, somewhat, driving on.  Best bet is to walk out, drill a hole, and measure for yourself.  Look to see if other vehicles are out there, and then follow their tracks & keep your fingers crossed!
I have, but haven't for over 10years, driven a truck on a lake.
Tight-lines!
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE