SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Jiffy propane auger won’t start

2/6/22 @ 8:04 PM
INITIAL POST
Dave1234
User since 9/8/09

My propane auger won’t start.  I have tried several tanks.  I have brought the whole thing in side over night.  Nothing.  Any one have this issue?  Anyone know a place in the Waukesha area that fixes them?

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
10/20/22 @ 12:50 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

My spud always works!      CARPIO 

10/20/22 @ 7:27 AM
peepot
User since 8/4/11

You have to get the oil film out of carb throat.. I use some alcohol and q tips..

when you store the power head make sure it is positioned so the crankcase is always below carb..

6/8/22 @ 7:43 AM
JethroBodine
User since 12/21/01

I second the cracked rubber breathing tube on the Jiffy, happened to me too.

2/21/22 @ 8:58 PM
Dave1234
User since 9/8/09

I picked up the auger tonight.  I must have set it on its side.  It had oil leaking out.  They changed the oil and cleaned it up.  Runs great!  I also dropped off my old gas auger.  They put new carb in it and it’s also runs great! Big Jim’s small engine repair in Oconomowoc

2/18/22 @ 11:02 AM
thurston
User since 12/13/09

I had the same problem with my propane auger. It turned out to be a crack in a black rubber breather tube. The new one that was put in is made better and I haven't had a problem since. I think if you go to the Jiffy website you can find a list of places that service their augers.

2/18/22 @ 11:01 AM
gray fox
gray fox
PRO MEMBER User since 2/22/08

When I had mine, it wouldn't start.  Found out you have to lay it down in a certain position. Then it always would.

2/18/22 @ 10:10 AM
Dave1234
User since 9/8/09

Found a place in Ocon.  Big Jim’s small engine repair.  I dropped it off 1.5weeks ago.  Waiting to hear back. I will report back how it goes!  Onside note I bought an Ion gen 2.  It is awesome!  Propane jiffy will become my backup.

2/18/22 @ 9:38 AM
fishngod
User since 3/14/07

Dave1234, any luck with your pro4? I am also experiencing trouble. Layed it down wrong for a while and oil leaked out. I cleaned it up including the intake and it starts but dies whenever I touch the throttle. Looking for a repair in SE WI.

Pro4 lite.

2/7/22 @ 8:49 PM
Dave1234
User since 9/8/09

It is a Jiffy 44pro.  Bought it in 2017.  Always started on first or second pull.  I have called 5 places today and no one will repair it.  I have 1 more place to call tomorrow.  I will post if I find a place.  Otherwise I will look into the parts list for a Honda.  Thanks for all the info!  I did order a new ion 2 gen.  It will be here tomorrow.  I would like to this one fixed as a backup.  Kids would not be happy if we can’t fish this weekend!

2/7/22 @ 1:39 PM
voldie
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/11

I have a Jiffy Pro 4 lite that gave me some problems just after the warranty ran out. I took it to a repair shop and found out the timing had jumped. Jiffy does not repair the power heads. Finally got someone at Jiffy to tell me that the power head is a Honda GX35. I ordered a new timing belt and cam gear. If I remember it was less than $10.00. I put them in and have had no problems since. This was back in 2018.

2/7/22 @ 9:57 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

I had one about 9yrs. This is the first time it wouldn’t start. Ended up being the rocker that opens exhaust valve. The pivot pin is pressed on rocker. This connection became loose and it won’t start. Actually took it to an authorized Jiffy repair shop and they can’t get that part from Jiffy? You would basically have to replace the entire power head to get your rocker assm. I just took off junk jiffy from auger and will use my cordless on it.
It was a great auger for 9yrs without a hiccup. Parts is the problem. It might have just been my model also? Jiffy Pro4 Lite

2/7/22 @ 8:45 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20

I just take mine to jiffy in Sheboygan falls they have a customer service department they have always fixed it while I waited less than 15 minutes was a new hose and regulator haven't had a problem since 5+ years.

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE