Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Jiffy model 30 question.

11/3/14 @ 2:45 PM
ORIGNAL POST
the predator
User since 11/1/11
I was given a Jiffy model 30 a few days ago. She starts on the first pull.

The issue, the auger bit has the permanent blade on it and I cannot replace it. The blade is duller then heck, is there a way to sharpen them?

If I cannot sharpen them, Can I take a grinder and cut the blade off, drill 2 holes and then put a replacement blade on it?

Thanks for the help.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/3/14 @ 8:24 PM
wet-net
User since 1/8/03
Rapids Rental in WI Rapids sharpens auger blades attached to the drill. They do a great job. If you are not from the area you could ship it to themusing Spee Dee .http://www.rrscoinc.com/

11/3/14 @ 4:11 PM
the predator
User since 11/1/11
for some reason, I cant get the pictures to download from my email. Here is one I found that's similar on google.

11/3/14 @ 3:41 PM
scmuskies
scmuskies
User since 10/14/03
I had an old Model 30 at one time w/ the permanent blade.The blade can be sharpened - whetstone or similar. Be careful about the sharpener linked below - it's designed for Lazer brand shaving blades - different from the Jiffy's chipper - and may be an entirely different sharpening angle altogether.

However, it it were me, I'd get a whole new auger bit for it. I ended up getting a new bit for it also - got to choose what size I wanted and allows for piece of mind if you'd like to carry extra blades or need to swap them out on the ice.

sc

11/3/14 @ 3:35 PM
Animated1
User since 1/20/09
Could try looking for a replacement auger or I purchased a blade sharpener and they work pretty well.

http://www.farmandfleet.com/products/219489-lazer-ice-auger-blade-sharpener.html#.VFf2kFPF88g

Not sure if you'll want to want to take your blades off because I would think that the angle placement of the blades is just as important as how sharp the blades are.

Do you have a pic of the auger and blades?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.