SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Jiffy E6 Lightning

1/20/20 @ 1:36 PM
INITIAL POST
Farcast1
User since 4/6/07

Had the day off today so I headed out onto the ice before sunrise. I overpacked as usual and struggled dragging my sled through 4-6" of snow. After 3/4 of a mile I stopped and went to drill a hole and my auger wouldn't work. Took the battery on and off, pushed the start button on the battery, reversed the direction of the auger--nothing. It showed 4 bars of power and the auger worked 18 hours prior. I looked on-line and found a YouTube video of a guy from a baitshop saying Jiffy was having problems with their original batteries. If your battery has a dark grey start button you might want to give them a call (920.467.6167). I did and they immediately shipped me a new battery. Unfortunately I was the only one on the ice so I turned around and trudged 3/4 of mile back to the landing and packed back up. It was a perfect windless day, but now I'm working on the honey-do list.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
1/21/20 @ 1:44 PM
Farcast1
User since 4/6/07

I sent a follow up note to Jiffy asking why there was nothing on the website about the issue and their response was we didn’t do that as the issue was not on every battery.  Just a lower percentage of them. So there will be a small percentage of ticked of fishermen!

1/21/20 @ 7:47 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Farcast - you're far more calm than I would be if that happened to me! Disappointing that Jiffy hasn't released a statement or recall on the batteries letting people know, to avoid situations like that. Similar to what ION did a few years back on their auger bits. 

But at the end of the day, at least they stood behind their product and are making it right!

1/20/20 @ 5:39 PM
sandbarcornhole
User since 12/2/14

Thanks for the post. Had same thing happen. Drilled 20+ holes in 12-13” Friday night and went to use it Saturday and got nothing. Battery said full power.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE