LOGIN
Lake-Link

If You Don't Ice Fish...You wouldn't understand

3/30/09 @ 9:16 AM
ORIGINAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
USER SINCE 4/2/02
I'm all for ice safety. I'd say that all of us probably are. But so many aspects of ice fishing seem very dangerous to people who don't ice fish themselves. For example, connecting a ladder to the main ice on a lake, or wearing chest waders and hopping on the main ice shelf is not really a dangerous activity if you know the lake well enough. Especially if the water you are crossing to get to the ice is shallow and the water you are going to be fishing is shallow. Many people though, think it's crazy that I do such a thing. But, I don't think it's very risky when I'm drilling through 15 inches of ice on the main lake. The shores pulled away a little bit, but no big deal.

Any other examples you can think of where If you don't ice fish, you wouldn't understand...

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 476 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

10/26/21 @ 7:10 AM
snagger54
USER SINCE 2/9/14

I can't wait.

10/25/21 @ 9:38 AM
hockeyguy39
USER SINCE 8/24/07

Regarding the submerged truck and shanty, I guess my question is.... WHAT ICE???

When I saw that on Facebook I was amazed that even someone REALLY drunk couldn't tell the difference between open water and ice. 

You really wonder what is going on in the brains of some of these people out there...drunk or not. 

10/24/21 @ 6:00 PM
chaw
MEMBER SINCE 9/11/02

First thing in the morning and the only thing you can hear is the crunch  of snow under your feet. 

That flag that pops while you’re checking.

The hot hole. Drill 6 holes for 2 guys and 1 tip up has all the action. 

The fresh cold air

Watching an otherwise empty flasher loading up with crappies at dusk

All of it’s good 

10/24/21 @ 3:22 PM
Direwolf66
USER SINCE 2/21/20

When you are excited to have to break open the dog water on early November

10/24/21 @ 1:30 PM
Mr.Seaguar
USER SINCE 2/5/05

Thanks. That drunk idiot had a pretty decent pickup. 

10/24/21 @ 10:42 AM
oncebitten
oncebitten
USER SINCE 12/7/17

?? wow ! Green&gold brand new and in the box 

10/24/21 @ 9:18 AM
antler junkie
USER SINCE 8/17/05

Mr.S, that picture is from the Barron Co. Wi Sheriff’s dept.  Seems some drunk idiot thought the ice might be safe enough to put his shack out. The driver was arrested for DWI and the sheriff released that photo and a warning to remind people the ice isn’t safe yet. Drunk or not that was pretty stupid. lol

10/24/21 @ 5:16 AM
Mr.Seaguar
USER SINCE 2/5/05

Sassy, what is the back story on that picture

10/23/21 @ 10:34 PM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
USER SINCE 3/23/20

I enjoy ice fishing just as much as open water the reason I'm always excited for ice fishing more is the season is so short I'm already getting my gear together now even though it's 1-2 month away if you don't ice fishing you won't understand.

10/23/21 @ 8:03 PM
sassy 1
USER SINCE 8/25/09

Iittle early

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 476 POSTS
Advertise here
Whether you’re looking to plan your next fishing trip, or just make the most of your time on the water, the Humminbird FishSmart app can help. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird FishSmart App
An ice rod built as tough as the frozen winter landscape of the ice belt. A new platform for St. Croix, the Tundra series is a culmination of ice centric features demanded by hardwater anglers. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - St. Croix Tundra Ice Rods
The head, body and goose-feather accents of each jig are entirely purple and enhanced with Ultra Glow technology, which holds a charge for as many as 15 minutes. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: VMC - NEW Glow Purple Tungsten Fly and Bullfly Jigs
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.