Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

ice transducer for Lowrance

12/7/15 @ 9:51 AM
ORIGNAL POST
fishngod
User since 3/14/07
I saw somewhere that Lowrance now makes an ice fishing puck for use on their sonars. I have an Elite 7 and was wondering if anyone has used these? I thought they might be good for deeper water lake trout fishing. I have an older Vexilar FL8 that doesn't perform too well in deep water.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
12/9/15 @ 6:23 PM
fishngod
User since 3/14/07
Thanks guys for the feedback. I see that they make an ice pack for the elite 5 but not for the 7. The transducer will work with mine but yes I would have to do some rigging to make it work with a battery etc.

12/8/15 @ 10:03 PM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
MEMBER since 2/12/02
I believe the 7 has a blue connector so it would work with the Lowrance with blue connector. I bought one at Cabelas for 69 bucks. It appears you may already have the power connection .... if not you will need to purchase that or adapt your connection from soft water setup.

I was planning on trying my elite 7 off the boat on my ice setup so I will post back my findings.

12/7/15 @ 7:00 PM
TKfishes
User since 8/23/09
The ice transducer or portable transducer is a 20° 200khz transducer it will as be capable as any 20° 200khz transducer can be...that being said. I have had a marcum with 20° transducer for 5 years and I just recently got the lowerance elite 4 with the ice pack. With my marcum 120 feet was the deepest I have fished and I was able to see my lure and fish at that depth I would only assume the lowerance will be able to do the same...with all the display options on the lowerance and extra setting options with colors it may help see things better. I like the lowerance so far and am hoping due that I have less problems then I did with marcum. Another thing I though of was looking into seeing if a chirp style transducer or an hdi transducer would give a clearer mor accurate representation of what's under the ice. However most the reason for using a sonar ice fishing is to mark your lure and fish.. Seeing you aren't really capable of scanning the lake bottom while ice fishing. Hope this info helps. You can by the way order just the transducer but a Google search to see if the elite 7 can fit in the ice pack would be helpful imo so you have a nice easy to carry unit with a battery in it.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.