SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Ice thickness Iron County/Northwoods

11/29/20 @ 7:34 PM
INITIAL POST
Loonscantsurf
User since 11/29/20

Can anyone tell me if there is ice cover on the lakes in Iron County?  If so, any guess at average thickness?

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
12/1/20 @ 9:19 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

The lake froze completely over last night and has been booming all day getting harder by the hour. Tonight down to single digits and if this weather pattern holds ice will get thicker by the day.

Loons I guess if you have zero ice fishing experience you do what other people do. Dont go out over deep water til you see other people fishing over deep water and dont assume they have the best knowledge.  Depends on your risk tolerance. If you have little kids you have to be more careful than if you dont have anyone depending on you. (and thats the understatement of the month)

11/30/20 @ 10:00 PM
Loonscantsurf
User since 11/29/20

Long Lake near Mercer.  What about smaller, shallower lakes?  Will they freeze sooner?  Thinking Lake Evelyn or Deer Tail.  Sorry, I have zero experience ice fishing. 

11/29/20 @ 11:31 PM
Edward Felcohands
User since 2/24/09

Depends what lake and where on which lake.  Some lakes are open.  Some are locked up.  Others in between.  I fished on 2.5” last night near mercer.   I know other were out as well.  In general its pretty bad but that all will change by the hour with the snow and cold that is coming.  What lake are you wondering about?  I may have info.

11/29/20 @ 7:49 PM
WWYH
User since 5/24/16

Was on a backwater in Price County on Saturday. Had 5”. Main lake was frozen over previous days. Looked at it today when I came home. Main lake was 50% open. Unless you are on a back water or bay, it’s not ready yet from what I’ve seen.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE