LOGIN
Lake-Link

Ice Carousel

4/22/15 @ 4:12 PM
ORIGNAL POST
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
My buddy up north sent me this video a couple of days ago. All he wrote was, "should we next winter?" I got quite a chuckle out of it and said "hell yes!" But after watching the video a few times, I got to thinking how one could rig up tip ups or automatic fisherman rigs so that you could "troll" crank baits. You could vary the speed by placing them closer to the center or outside.

For now this is all in fun to think about it so don't go jumping on me about the legalities and dangers. I would check with the warden who I know for our area before attempting anything like this. I do plan to send this to him and ask him if the circle is considered a hole in the eyes of the law. If so, I guess we couldn't do it without violating the fishing regs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAMATekiRUs&feature=youtu.be

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/8/15 @ 11:05 AM
TKfishes
User since 8/23/09
A buddy of mine years ago cut a long 3 foot wide chunk out of the ice you could cast in it if you wanted we then set up a big garage style tent and jigged it while walking up and down...didn't really have a ton of success catching so it was alot of work for nothing

4/26/15 @ 8:43 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
I love the music. Daughter isnt approving for some reason.

But would this really work with several tons of snow on the ice? You would need a bigger motor

4/23/15 @ 8:52 AM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03
Very cool. safety issue or not would love to see that in person.

4/22/15 @ 8:52 PM
ifishwi
ifishwi
User since 1/12/05
Should have posted this on 'Joke of the Day' thread. Not going to happen in Wisconsin, huge safety issue.

4/22/15 @ 6:13 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Very cool Bugle trout!!!!!!! Lots of work, but if you got enough young bucks, it can get done. You could use a trolling motor and just change your fishing spot!!! That was a big circle.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.