Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Ice Auger

11/18/20 @ 11:36 AM
ORIGINAL POST
stapes
User since 8/28/05

Hello everyone, did a little search didn’t find too much, my friends wife wants to buy him an ice auger for Christmas present I was thinking battery powered possibly maybe 2 cycle also, I own a two cycle myself I don’t mind mixing gas and oil but I know my friends not too crazy about it, would you guys stick with a two cycle or would you go to battery operated route thanks,Steve

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 63 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

1/13/21 @ 8:32 PM
14 7/8
User since 7/30/07

Shanatized,

I had a Nimrod until it bent.  I use the 1/2" adapters from icefishingtime with both my 6" blue threaded mora auger and my 6" black strikemaster auger. 

1/13/21 @ 8:17 AM
racinefishslayer
racinefishslayer
User since 1/23/08

I have a jiffy white lightning that’s probably 10-15 years old. Really good auger other than replacing blades that thing drilled a ton of holes.  The main thing for me is it’s a tank. I don’t have an atv or sled so I’m walking. Now I’ve switched to the Milwaukee drill and mora 8”. It works great and is extremely light. I’d like to get one of nylon flighting ones made for a drill but just haven’t yet. I live in SE WI and we don’t see 18-20” of ice very often anymore so it works perfect. The Jiffy is still in the basement though can’t and won’t sell it, too good of an auger.

1/12/21 @ 10:50 PM
Shanatized Walleye
Shanatized Walleye
User since 12/8/01

Has anyone used the nimrod ice auger adapter?

1/12/21 @ 9:24 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
User since 2/8/06

SW-I would highly recommend using the Clam plate. It makes the whole setup easier and safer to use. It also takes a lot of the stress away from the drill. The drill itself is probably the most important part of the whole thing. I personally use the Milwaukee and I’ve put together 6 other setups for others using the Milwaukee drill. It’s like the Ford/Chevy argument. As long as the drill has the torque needed it will work. I’ve built both 8” and 10” setups and I used the 1200 inlbs models. Batteries are all relative. The bigger the battery the better. I use a 9ah, but (2) 5ah would work too.  I don’t know about you, but I want my stuff to work every time, all the time.   

1/12/21 @ 8:55 PM
Shanatized Walleye
Shanatized Walleye
User since 12/8/01

Ok I've got a old strikemaster gas auger that I want to convert. Should I purchase a clam plate or something else,What about a good drill.New to this conversion thing!Thanks

1/11/21 @ 10:18 AM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03

Farm and fleet had the 24v 8in on sale over the weekend for 299 couldn't pass it up

1/9/21 @ 10:26 PM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03

Thank u. I will probably have an hc40 for sale very soon

1/9/21 @ 10:05 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

They have been on the market for many years and I have heard very few broken flites and none from normal use.

They are modular so even if you ran it over or smashed it somehow you can replace just the broken piece.

1/9/21 @ 9:43 PM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03

Well I have an hc40 propane..love it.. pulled it out of the shed a few weeks ago 3 pulls and it fired right up. After that first initial fire it starts on 1-3 pulls every time cuts great and is simple to use but...today I tried my step dads 24v strikemaster...cut around 60 holes through 7inches of ice... living in southern Wisconsin we rarely see ice over 15in.. this auger was so light and easy to use I don't want to carry my propane anymore.  Only thing currently holding me back is more intell on these plastic auger bits? Has anyone ever had 1 break? 

12/26/20 @ 8:05 PM
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20

I own all 3 types gas propane and electric all jiffy augers but which ever brand you prefer in the end they all do the same thing is to drill a hole. And how many holes you drill in a day will steer you from on style to another.like others have said I also prefer to use my gas auger when ice is 3'+.But any style will still cut 3' of ice.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 63 POSTS
Advertise here
Built for the roughest conditions with more options and safety first and foremost in the design. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ICE FORCE - NEW Strikemaster Pro Suit
MEGA Imaging® takes fish finding into the megahertz range for more detail and domination. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Imaging
Mojo Ice gets a face-lift for 2021; sporting a new carbon dust blank and flat finish reel seat. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - NEW Mojo Ice Rods
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.