Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

ice auger parts

10/29/17 @ 9:03 AM
ORIGNAL POST
grumpyoldguy
User since 2/26/10

A shot in the dark, I just purchased an Eskimo 8900 ice auger. runs great but the gas tank leaks real bad where the filter and line drop out of the bottom. Appears the hole is too big. I would like to find a replacement tank, contacted Eskimo but they don't offer one. Anyone have one laying around they would like to sell me, or know where I can find one? any help would be great, Thanks, Jeff

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/26/18 @ 4:26 PM
BigKDK
BigKDK
User since 3/26/02

Hey man - I feel your pain. Went through the EXACT same problem. I got mine free without a tank or blades. Found a used tank at Ackerville Lawn & Garden. Some guy dropped off the auger to be fixed - once he got a $125 quote for a full rebuild he just left it there.....for 5 years! I bought the tank for $20. Shortly after I got it - it began leaking - total sh*t design. I was able to fix mine by filling the gap (hole in tank outlet  - hose OD) with a fuel proof 2 part epoxy. Let it set up for like 24 hours - worked perfectly! Good luck!

12/3/17 @ 2:44 PM
wibrowndog
User since 2/23/17

I have had this problem with my 8900. If you have enough fuel line, try trimming a 1/2 inch off the filter end, or install a new fuel line. Trimming it has worked for me several times, until fuel line is too short. 

11/7/17 @ 2:59 PM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

No kidding, Eskimo did not have that tank?  I'm on their Pro Staff, and they have 1000's of old parts that are currently not being sold anymore.  PM me if if you need some assistance with Eskimo.

10/29/17 @ 6:47 PM
79FXS
MEMBER since 1/11/16

Leave some fuel in it so it soaks into the seal. The seal may swell up and hold fuel.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.