MORE
Ice Fishing

humminbird flasher problems

1/16/17 @ 11:58 PM
INITIAL POST
smartymielke
smartymielke
User since 8/30/15

anyone else having issues with there ICE series flashers?

last season mine would not shut off with the switch, had to disconnect the battery.

used it last weekend on Fri morn turned on like normal, Fri afternoon went to turn it on and NOTHING!!

will not power up at all now.

and before the critics dive in;

tried a different battery I KNOW IS GOOD(OFF OF BUDDYS FLASHER)

TESTED THE LEADS UP TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD UNIT AND I HAVE POWER THERE.

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
2/8/21 @ 3:53 PM
kacman64
User since 11/25/03

I was going to buy another flasher to replace the ICE35 but the ones I was after were all sold out everywhere. I ended up going with a Garmin striker 5 ice combo and could not be happier.  I don't think I will ever buy a traditional flasher again either. 

1/20/21 @ 8:34 AM
TeamBerettaGold
User since 3/10/05

I owned a ICE55 for years. Started having the same problems about 2 years ago. Wouldn’t turn off with the knob and now it wouldn’t adjust the depth when you turn the knob. So I can only fish in less than 20ft of water. Contacted HB to see about getting it fixed....$392.00. I can find a brand new unit for a couple bucks more. That one now collects dust in the basement. Bought a 93UHDCV and will never fish a normal flasher ever again. 

1/12/21 @ 2:40 PM
kacman64
User since 11/25/03

I just experienced sort of the same issue that you had.  I turned on my flasher and it work for 1 min and then just went blank.  It was still running just would not show a screen and none of the buttons beep when I hit them.  Also when I went to turn it off it was just kept spinning, I had to disconnect the battery to turn it off.  I am a couple years past the 2 yr warranty so I doubt Hummingbird will help out but what did they do to solve your issue?

3/22/17 @ 10:05 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Give Humminbird a call they will take care of you one way or another.

3/3/17 @ 1:25 PM
Thiel66
User since 1/9/14

Does anyone else have trouble seeing the screen when it is sunny out? I have a hard time reading the flat screen no matter which way I stand around the hole.

1/17/17 @ 4:56 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

I just picked up a 55 series earlier this year and so far so good.

1/17/17 @ 2:46 PM
gray fox
gray fox
PRO MEMBER User since 2/22/08

I have the 55 series....works great.

1/17/17 @ 1:55 AM
guttersnake
guttersnake
User since 9/15/05

Send it in if you have the cash their CS dept is good. I sent mine in twice 1 knob I busted off and another from factory sent on a Mon had them back by the end of the week and fishing again.

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE