SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Humminbird 360 Mega ice transducer VS. Garmin Panoptics and others

1/26/21 @ 9:28 PM
INITIAL POST
bigal 00
User since 2/25/10

Looking to purchase a transducer that is capable of side scanning in super shallow water.  I do most of my fishing in 3' of water. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated  Would like to hear from owners of each product  Pro's & Con's.  Can the transducer get detailed enough to show what kind of fish and size?  How far can each unit scan in each direction?  How quickly is the setup? Price?   I want to use this in a run and gun operation, covering large amounts of shallow backwaters. Thanks Big Al

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
2/9/21 @ 6:44 PM
bigal 00
User since 2/25/10

Thanks for the comments, at this time I'm not sure if it would be a good investment in that shallow of water.  I've read various reports on the Panoptics that in shallow water the scanning doesnt go out too far.  If anyone else had used these in super shallow water 3' please comment.  Thanks Big Al

2/2/21 @ 10:18 AM
KOWZDEER
User since 4/25/09

I got skunked the other day and as I was leaving this s guy asks if he can use my old holes.  He said his auger was spooking the fish away.

As I left he showed me his livescope screen. Apparently I was fishing about fifteen yards from a giant school of panfish.  The scope showed right where they were.

I've heard HB is coming out with Mega Live soon and that garmin is coming out with something better than livescope.

2/2/21 @ 6:31 AM
TeamBerettaGold
User since 3/10/05

Livescope will change the way you fish.  It is amazing. I run and gun with mine and am able to stay on schools like nothing.  3Ft of water is going to affect how far out you are able to scan though. 

1/27/21 @ 5:46 PM
chrome-dome
chrome-dome
User since 4/4/13

LIVESCOPE hands down for both hard and soft water. I’ve used my unit for one year and it does take a little bit to fine tune and practice, but once you’ve done that, it’s amazing. I’m looking forward to using the new perspective mode for ice fishing and open water. I would also recommend not putting it on the trolling motor it’s especially effective for casting shorelines if it’s not attached to the trolling motor but I had to purchase a separate pole mount.

1/27/21 @ 7:43 AM
gillseeker20
User since 2/6/16

Just for ice fishing? Garmin livescope is the way to go. IMO mega 360 for ice is humminbirds band aid for not having real time imaging available. It’s not overly helpful on a the ice. Livescope is awesome

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE