Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Hub shelters?

11/23/14 @ 8:11 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Jiggin_4_gills
User since 12/12/06
So I have a clam fish trap pro that I love. I have a 7 year old that's going to start coming along. So my question is which hub style shelter to get? Best bang for your buck for 2 or 3 people?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/26/14 @ 7:35 AM
A Fisherman
MEMBER since 8/21/01
check this out,I bought one of her hubs and it's like new and the price was just right for me.

Submitted On: November 18, 2014 Submitted By: Barb Carey Phone: 608-692-7386 Item Located In: Oxford, Wisconsin Category: Ice Fishing Gear

11/25/14 @ 10:17 PM
Jiggin_4_gills
User since 12/12/06
Thanks for the info guys. Definitely going to be looking for a hub shelter on sale some where.

11/24/14 @ 5:53 PM
jkb
User since 6/25/02
I bought a Barronette snow camo hub blind. It zips up and seals out the wind and is made of waterproof material. It will double as a deer blind. It is very lightweight and can easily break down and set up in minutes. Not as portable as the Clam but a lot more economical.

11/24/14 @ 12:36 PM
JustPerchinAround
User since 1/16/14
I am fishing out of the Eskimo Fat Fish 949. I have had three adults plus my 5 year old in it with no issues. It's like fishing in a condo if it's only two guys...

11/24/14 @ 10:57 AM
tzeilstra
User since 8/4/08
I have a Frabill Headquarters and love it. It's roomy enough for 4 guys to fish comfortably, it's easy to set up, and it's very durable.

11/23/14 @ 9:22 PM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03
Your best bet is to go somewhere that has different types on display and walk around inside of them. Going to a hub type from a flip over means you'll be giving up considerable portability. You're not going to hole hop with a hub as easily so keep that in mind.

Go as big as you can afford. The ones that are 6ft high might seem big enough but they can get cramped especially with more than 2 people. Mine isn't insulated but no big deal. I got a roll of reflectix and cut pieces to fit behind the support ribs and put that stuff in on days when it's below zero. The cost savings of going reflectix vs. an insulated type is considerable....plus having the reflectix in there at night really helps light things up. Don't really need the extra insulation when it's warmer. Another drawback to a hub is that with a heater going your floor will get wet and will get slick making it tricky on everyone, especially younger kids. To remedy this I bought a few packs of those foam exercise padding (locking pieces) and put that down right on the ice. Insulates the floor, gives decent traction, easy to stand on which helps prevent a stiff back.

So....1) check them out up close. 2) go as big as fits in your budget. 3) recognize that there are homemade tricks/mods to save a few bucks so you don't have to overspend on something easy to do yourself.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.