SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Hub repair

11/15/19 @ 11:37 AM
INITIAL POST
Animated1
User since 1/20/09

I have a Eskimo Fatfish 949 and the poles are busting through the pockets in the lower floor area. Has anyone experienced this and have a good solution for a quality fix? I'm in the Madison area if anyone knows of a place that may perform this type of repair. 

Thank you.

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
12/11/19 @ 8:53 AM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02

Lohaus is the boat cover maker in Cottage Grove. Highly recommend him.

12/11/19 @ 7:46 AM
hunt2labs
hunt2labs
User since 4/9/03

Animated...boat cover maker in Cottage Grove does custom work. Can't think of his name right now...

12/11/19 @ 4:38 AM
PutEmInTheBoat
User since 12/13/18

I used smaller pieces if canvas, sewed over the holes with 80lb musky line off a reel of mine. I then put quite a heavy layer of hot glue over it all. Once dry, it acts almost like a sandal for the points of contact on the ice and prevents additonal rips or fraying. 

11/16/19 @ 10:35 AM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

You can take it to anyone who makes custom boat covers, they can stitch it right back up! 

11/16/19 @ 3:46 AM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03

Had this issue with an old Clam hub I own. I hand sewed the pockets back up with 100lb powerpro. You’d need a pretty good size needle for a line like that. If you have an IQ above 80 you should be able to sew a button back on....so you should be able to sew this back together. Doesn’t have to be pretty, just has to be functional. 

11/15/19 @ 12:56 PM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02

I'd talk to Lohaus in Cottage Grove. They do awesome boat cover work and may be able to help.

11/15/19 @ 12:51 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05

Baraboo tent and awning (might be just Baraboo awning now) might be able to fix or give you some advice on what to do about it...

11/15/19 @ 12:39 PM
Animated1
User since 1/20/09

Yes, I would be referring to those little sleeves. I'm sure I could sew it but what materials would one use that could hold up to the elements?

11/15/19 @ 11:56 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Someone with any sewing ability should be able to fix that. You're talking about the little sleeves the poles slide into right? 

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE