LOGIN
Lake-Link

Homemade Ice Fishing Stuff

11/17/11 @ 12:55 AM
ORIGINAL POST
backwoods43
backwoods43
USER SINCE 3/14/10
I know there are topics for homemade tip ups, automatic fishermans, etc. I just thought we could wrap it all up in one by showing ANYTHING homemade that could save anyone money or make someones ice fishing trip easier.

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 453 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

1/5/21 @ 10:46 AM
PimplySwede
USER SINCE 1/6/09

I went with the 3/4" - in the store the 1" was massive overkill.  

Now that it's done, the 1/2" would have been strong enough for pulling/stopping, but I was worried it would create weak spots where I drilled through it to make my attachments.

I borrowed a pipe bender from work and made the initial shape.

Then I pounded the last 3" of each end flat, drilled 5/16" holes for the 1/4" hitch pin.

Then I drilled 2 sets of holes where the pipes come together to keep them from spreading, and fastened a couple bolts.

Then I measured and drilled 5/16" holes to mount it to the front of the sled using 5/16" clevis pins and a couple washers.

So, $8 for the conduit, $5 for the hitch pin, 2 clevis pins, 2 cotter/hairpins, pack of 5/16" washers.

1/4/21 @ 4:21 PM
fishin-jim
fishin-jim
USER SINCE 10/18/07

The 3/4 will work you will not get much flex, 1/2 in will also work fine.

1/4/21 @ 2:52 PM
PimplySwede
USER SINCE 1/6/09

Looking at making my own tow bar for pulling my flipover behind my ATV out of conduit.

Is there much difference in strength/flex in 1" pipe vs. 3/4"?  

The 3/4" is half the cost of a length of 1" pipe.

12/18/20 @ 3:15 PM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
USER SINCE 3/29/20

nice never thought about using it for that lol good idea ?? 

12/18/20 @ 1:35 PM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
USER SINCE 3/29/20

Made this tool for winding up my tip ups when its really cold and fishing deeper water fast and without having to take my gloves off slides over the nock on my beaver dams sure would work on others! 

12/18/20 @ 6:12 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
USER SINCE 3/23/20

Classic

12/17/20 @ 8:51 PM
Ripalip
USER SINCE 1/16/15

Made a few modifications to my Fishtrap XL.   Nice to have everything organized without stuff moving around, yet have a ton of storage underneath in compartments.  Yeah, it added weight, but not more than 25 lbs.     It was a game changer for fishing comfort and organization, not to mention the Cool factor IMO !!!    Cup holders were a must!!!

Slammer!!!

10/24/20 @ 9:10 PM
bob kaz
USER SINCE 1/7/02

Skis

10/24/20 @ 9:00 AM
AustinTheAngler
USER SINCE 3/19/20

Im 14 so I dont have 300 dollars laying around to buy a vex so I bought a garmin striker 4 which was only 100 dollars mounted it on a old eagel 60 flasher box with a old strap to a pingpong net the regualr summer ducer worked well I am looking to up grade to the winter style though to a winter style over all this set up worked really well for me and I would argue it works just as well as my buddies vexs

10/11/20 @ 8:50 PM
voldie
USER SINCE 2/8/11

Picked up a new tub the other day. Started on the modifications. Fits in the back of SUV. 

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 453 POSTS
Advertise here
Keep your beverages nice and cood with double-walled vacuum insulation from Grizzly. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: GRIZZLY COOLERS - Grizzly Drinkware
Precision trolling with a low profile at an affordable price. Loaded with features, the Convector Low Profile Line Counter will keep you in the strike zone! PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Okuma Convector Low Profile Line Counter Reel
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.