LOGIN
Lake-Link

Homemade Ice Fishing Stuff

11/16/11 @ 11:55 PM
ORIGNAL POST
backwoods43
backwoods43
User since 3/14/10
I know there are topics for homemade tip ups, automatic fishermans, etc. I just thought we could wrap it all up in one by showing ANYTHING homemade that could save anyone money or make someones ice fishing trip easier.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 419 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/17/20 @ 9:48 AM
JamesD
JamesD
MEMBER since 2/16/04

The only thing "homemade" in this post is the custom foam float I made from backer rod (to fill gaps before you caulk a big seam in construction). This made them work really well with heavier spoons or jigging lures. In the pic the grey foam is screwed into the white plastic, glow in the dark base, and tape is also added for better visibility. I'm pretty sure different colored foam ammo for your kids blaster would fit too.  I have yet to use them on the ice but some of the bigger grey ones I made worked on choppy rock bottomed waters off Door Co. Using heavy spoons I was able to chuck out quite a ways and and jig back without snagging in the rock bottom and, the best part was I caught several nice smallies. The longer foam "waglers" cast well and helped smooth out the bait's action in the almost constant waves we had this fall.

1/11/20 @ 7:25 AM
brfchenny
User since 8/30/16

When using an ice house and using cameras the holes are at a premium. This invention is designed for using 2 cameras but only taking up 1 hole. Lower camera 1 down to the height you want and then secure to the peg, slide the peg into the slot. Repeat for camera 2. Turn the pegs until you get the view you want. I better apply for a patent on this baby!

1/1/20 @ 2:01 AM
newInCudahy
newInCudahy
User since 2/21/03

Rocking out on Ice. 

12/25/19 @ 9:03 PM
brtn610
brtn610
User since 12/30/07

Anyone make any tip up lights recently? Tired of paying $12 for lights that stop working after a year. Plus if I want to light 6 tip ups, that gets expensive in a hurry.

12/13/19 @ 6:56 PM
waterwolves
waterwolves
User since 6/15/01

I can build  them in less than an hour, as for cost for materials, I'd say about $15-25 per. I tried to sell a few a few years ago for $50 but no one was interested. They do slide together for easy transport.

12/13/19 @ 6:22 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Use that 3 hole setup only when in sack set up and not romming. Camped on white fish or crappie.

12/13/19 @ 1:48 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Yup, no two or three for me, I'm usually always on the move. I may come back and check a hole but very seldom in one for more than a few minutes.

Fish may hang in an area, I will not wait for them to come back, I follow them around.

12/13/19 @ 1:37 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

I pop three holes in a row at a time and drop the transducer down the middle one, then I have two different presentations I keep at different depths and can adjust accordingly. Sometimes I'll throw a deadstick in one of the side holes and jig the transducer hole, but not too often. I fish in a hub, so I kind of offset the middle hole about 6 inches to allow for my milk crate that holds the flasher and heater to rest just inside the wall. 

It's not really the time it takes to pop the hole, but clearing them even with a one shot skimmer gets to be a pain because you have all the shavings from the previous holes. It's certainly not the best plan for those who run and gun. But even then, I'd probably still drill two together to get a second line in. 

12/13/19 @ 12:21 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Killer, I punch three holes in a row spaced bout a foot. Duecer in middle. Two guys jig on either side using one graph. Can get confusing at times but works.

12/13/19 @ 8:05 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Waterwolves - what do they run you in time and material? For the price they charge for a nice ice spud in stores you could make a killing on those...

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 419 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.