LOGIN
Lake-Link

Hat recommendations

10/17/20 @ 6:01 PM
ORIGINAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

What do you wear to keep warm? I feel it’s finally time to buy something nice. I’ve just worn generic winter hats all my life icefishing.

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 22 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

10/23/20 @ 11:51 PM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

I've  always wanted the Stormy Kromer hat, bummer to hear that they are not that warm.

10/22/20 @ 9:36 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Some of those hats will keep you warm, but they sure look funny. IMO. 

10/22/20 @ 1:09 PM
Phat Walleyes
Phat Walleyes
User since 3/31/15

I like a thick double knit ragg wool in any combination with that...  A wind break, keeps you warn even when wet, confidence in it working 100%...

(Field tested at O'Hare 40hrs./wk. for over 20+ consecutive yrs. down to minus 65 F wind chill polar vortex)

10/19/20 @ 1:30 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

for warmth and flexibility the bomber style was my Dad's choice... fold up the ear flaps if that's too warm... but don't get a cheap knock off, get a genuine... they have a sale on some models now

I agree, the Elmer Fudd cap is cool looking, and a classic, but not sold on the warmth... 

don't really ice fish anymore, but when I did, a beanie cap and hoodie

some browsing help

https://www.stormykromer.com/?utm_source=Bing&utm_medium=CPC&msclkid=6bd48ab0ff4f1f74c79bd53d193700ca

https://www.madbomber.com/

10/19/20 @ 10:25 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01

I usually just wear a hooded sweatshirt. I've found it to be quite warm and it is easy to pull off when I get in the shack or if I get warm while on the ice.

10/19/20 @ 5:18 AM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

I found they have a coupla different models of the Kromers.They have a heavy weight insulated and a lighter weight one.

The sports shop up in Boulder Jct. has a good selection of sizes and colors.

10/18/20 @ 9:11 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Thanks guys. The stormy Kromer does not look that warm to me. Do most have ear flaps? Seems like a loose fit with some air space around the ears.... Sorry for the questions. Just curious and trying to find something to keep me warm. 

10/18/20 @ 8:33 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Got the carhartt,  but love the Stormy Kromer. 

Great little bait shop about 12 miles south of Lacrosse has the best prices and really nice owners too. 

10/18/20 @ 5:14 PM
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20

Brown carhartt winter hat been great from northern Minnesota to se Wisconsin during atv  riding or watching tip downs still plenty warm or any hat with striker ice jacket hood.

10/17/20 @ 8:35 PM
kyl_me
User since 7/21/08

Mad bomber. 

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 22 POSTS
Advertise here
Built for the roughest conditions with more options and safety first and foremost in the design. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ICE FORCE - NEW Strikemaster Pro Suit
Minn Kota Ultra: Proven in the real world. Year after year. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Ultrex
MEGA ImagingĀ® takes fish finding into the megahertz range for more detail and domination. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Imaging
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.