SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Hard water tactics without technology

9/21/20 @ 9:14 AM
INITIAL POST
mcgeer
User since 12/4/18

What are the best tactics, tips, tricks or experience you can share when ice fishing without electronics?

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
9/21/20 @ 6:49 PM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

Long pulsator rod and hole hopping in shallow water, 1-8 fow. My favorite way to fish. Its nice getting away from the locator when you don't need it or can't use it. 

9/21/20 @ 10:45 AM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

I'll start things off saying that underwater structure is often a continuation of what's going on along the shoreline under the water. Traveling light on a Canadian canoe trip we went swimming by a waterfall and a spiny rock ridge that angled down into the water. Snorkeling with a mask along the ridge yielded a treasure trove of snagged lures. Sediments stirred up attracted smallies watching as close as 3 feet away as I pulled out rapalas and spoons from the silt. Steep dropping hillsides mean deep fishing close to shore, and peninsulas; underwater ridges off the points. No real rocket science involved... just common sense. Heavy jigging spoons with a big treble hook snags weeds if there are any. A sharp auger and a willingness to move are your best weapons.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE