Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Go to lure

11/26/19 @ 10:05 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Jrs.fishing
User since 6/11/19

In this page we talk about what are your go to lures favorite colors favorite sized jig /spoon go to line and go to set up 

I will go first since I am the first one my favorite spoon is a swedish pimple in hammer gold ,my favorite goto jig size is a 4mm jig in glow perch, my goto line is Berkley hi vis orange, my go to rod and reel is a 13 fishing white noise in light action now it is your turn 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 14 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/6/20 @ 1:07 PM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01

For clear water, the smallest Forage Minnow they make with 2-3 spikes on each point of the treble.  For stained water, second smallest Forage Minnow with a rattle and bright color and also with some spikes.  I like the flash in clear water and the noise in the stained water.  

1/4/20 @ 8:06 PM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03

Beaded spoon.

1/4/20 @ 2:53 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Gold hook with live bait. Sometimes dead. 

1/4/20 @ 12:55 PM
Alternative Reefer
User since 5/4/18

This year it has been a shad colored z-viber.  Got a 9 3/4" gill and a 14" perch and a pretty nice walleye on it this year.  Also a small chartrouse vmc jig with a black jeffrey or radioactive pickle paralizer plastic has caught almost every fish I have caught this winter.   But what turned em on for me was tipping them with a single red spike soaked in Mike's UV anise scent.   

Most used rod has been a mojo ice 36" light action for the z-viber and heavier baits.   A TUCR Bullwhip 30" and a TUCR Presision Noodle 32"(xmas present) will be my main jig poles with the Bullwhip being my deadstick.   The Mojo and Bullwhip has a 13 descent reel($25 on sale at fleet farm) and the Noodle has a 13 Ghost I think(the white one).   I actually like the descent for a low cost reel.   I have gone to switching to all inline reels.  Have gotten to really like them. Six pound mono test on all with a real long 3 pound flouro leader.  

Last year was so bad for me in the first ice fishing adventure of this year I caught more fish than the entire season last year......lol.  So I am repeating nothing from that year. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq-ouYB_08s&t=5s

12/10/19 @ 10:56 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
User since 12/22/04

Go to lure to me means that I have fished multiple panfish schools without finding active fish and I need to coax a negative fish into a bite...that is a 3mm tungsten jig with live bait on 2lb fluorocarbon on spring bobber, color does not matter.   Float it down as slow as possible in its face and almost anticipate bite.   

If quality fish do not hit that...then I completely change strategy and go big and fast hoping for get a trigger strike from a tanker. 

12/10/19 @ 10:46 AM
badgerstatehunter
User since 2/6/06

I tip my spoon with spikes.  I've switched almost completely to spikes for live bait in the last year.  They hold on the hook much better with the "grabbers".  I can put three spikes on a spoon and catch multiple fish without re-baiting.  

12/10/19 @ 6:25 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

I do pretty much 100% of the time I use spoons. Either waxies or a minnow head, occasionally a full minnow. 

12/9/19 @ 11:15 PM
SmackinBass
SmackinBass
User since 8/24/12

Do you guys tip your spoons with anything?

11/26/19 @ 2:02 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Fluoro

I tried some new line this year, the package says made in Japan and the UPC code says made in China so I'm not really sure where it came from. I was having a hard time tying my knots, thought my eyesight might be getting bad but I'm thinking it is just that translucent. After 2 outings I'm impressed so far, we'll see if it holds up until my mid-season re-spooling. Worth a look if you guys want to save a few bucks. 

Coated fluoro

I also started using this stuff last year for my heavier set-ups. I don't fish my heavy set ups enough to be able to compare it to the other coated lines out there though. 

11/26/19 @ 1:49 PM
badgerstatehunter
User since 2/6/06

I keep three main rods ready for jigging purposes.  One is my spoon rod and i typically have a gold and orange slender spoon on 4 pound micro ice.  I then have two noodle rods for jigging, both with 3 pound micro ice.  One will also have a tungsten tubby jig with a b-y baits plastic, usually the mayfly.  My favorite color is a yellow jig with orange plastic, but sometimes go pink and white or red and white.  That is usually the first thing I try when I'm out there.  The other noodle rod has a jig i tip with waxies or spikes, usually a firetiger pattern tungsten tubby.  I fish almost strictly for perch and crappie. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 14 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.