MORE
Ice Fishing

Favorite snowmobile for icefishing

1/28/22 @ 7:06 AM
INITIAL POST
Looking4Walter
Looking4Walter
User since 1/24/11

I'm looking at getting a snowmobile for icefishing. What's your opinions? I don't nerd a speed demon just a good work horse.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
1/29/22 @ 8:53 AM
Pheasants & a Lab
User since 1/29/22

I have an Arctic Cat Bearcat.  I won't discuss models but things that are nice are:

One of the workhorse machines with long track.

Electric reverse!!

Air cooled 

Removable seat sections (I had a cheap carrier made for my flip over so I don't have to drag things and have lots of storage underneath with rear seat sections removed.  If I fish with someone I can put seats on for them to ride and then pull sleds. Auger on front bumper.

1/28/22 @ 9:59 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
In 2020 I got a Ski-doo Grand Touring ACE 600.  Its slow, best I got by myself in great conditions was maybe 70.  Mostly 60 though.  Didn't want speed, wanted something with good torque to pull sleds and haul people.  Was hard to get one at that time, most places were sold out and I had to travel a bit to find one.

Fan cooled helps if you use it to setup tip ups.  I tend to drive from hole to hole and let it idle while I set the line.  That only works decently with fan cooled.  If I do it with my liquid cooled sled, it gets hot and shuts down after a bit.  I don't want to keep starting it, felt unnecessary.

They have that LinQ system so I got the large cargo box for the back of it.  Works nice for gloves, tackle, propane bottles, etc.  Wasn't exactly cheap though, but it gives large dry storage.  Only complaint is the handle pops off occasionally.

Agreed the Scandic would be good too.  I mostly went with the touring sled because we also ride trails and my wife preferred that one.

1/28/22 @ 9:22 AM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01

Skidoo Skandic SWT is definitely the best trapping and ice fishing snowmachine.

1/28/22 @ 8:46 AM
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
User since 7/29/21

https://www.thewilcraft.com/

1/28/22 @ 8:26 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Spend the money to get tracks for your quad, much more versatile.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE