USER SINCE 2/4/09

Which do you prefer?

DISPLAYING 11 TO 18 OF 18 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

2/19/21 @ 9:58 AM
14 7/8
14 7/8
USER SINCE 7/30/07

forgot to mention how fun it is fishing in a t-shirt in 70F temps on last ice!!!

2/19/21 @ 9:15 AM
badgerstatehunter
USER SINCE 2/6/06

Late for big perch and crappie.  They just bite harder.  

2/19/21 @ 9:05 AM
14 7/8
14 7/8
USER SINCE 7/30/07

like Junkie said, excitement for early ice and it can be good, but late ice.... man late ice can be good... last ice can be phenomenal. Anybody can limit out on slab crappies just under the ice just about anywhere with just about any bait. 

2/19/21 @ 8:38 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
USER SINCE 12/19/11

Late ice for sure! 

I'd say the adrenaline and motivation is a little higher during early ice just because it's the first time out in months. But fishing is way better late ice for me. 

2/19/21 @ 8:04 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
USER SINCE 3/23/20

Late ice for sure.

2/18/21 @ 8:58 PM
Fishrun
USER SINCE 6/8/20

Started end of December this year and didn't get a bite the first five trips. Haven't been skunked since then. Had my best fishing in March last year.

2/18/21 @ 8:50 PM
chaw
MEMBER SINCE 9/11/02

Late ice for me. I fish pike and I can get more fish early ice but the big girls usually come late ice just before the spawn. Caught this today. I wouldn’t call this late ice but it’s getting close. This fish was in deep water adjacent to marshy spawning area. Like live bait early ice, the livelier the better. Late ice dead bait is better for me. 

DISPLAYING 11 TO 18 OF 18 POSTS
Advertise here
The Rapala® Rain Jacket and Bib Series are built on high expectations, combining advanced technology performance with upgraded waterproof and breathable components for more extreme conditions. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Rapala Pro Rain Suit
Meet Grizzly Coolers. Made right here in the USA and loaded with features that can't be beat. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: GRIZZLY COOLERS - Grizzly Hard-Sided Coolers
Only Talon has up to 15' of anchoring, letting you pick the perfect hold for any condition. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Talon
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.