Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

does anyone make a 5" electric/battery powered auger

10/13/21 @ 8:10 PM
ORIGINAL POST
bigal 00
USER SINCE 2/25/10

looking for a 5" battery powered ice auger  does anyone make it?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

10/14/21 @ 2:07 PM
jaybeeturtle
USER SINCE 3/17/06

I usually drill 60 holes or more a day with a 6 inch auger by Clam, with the Clam plate and a Ryobi hammer drill that's been going for many years now and literally thousands of holes. Probably over 10,000. Usually use 2 batteries  day. Nothing expensive about the whole setup

10/14/21 @ 9:23 AM
Fish Hound
USER SINCE 1/29/02

Lots of 5" bits out there, the beauty part of a 5" is it can be paired with just about any cordless drill and it will work. Obviously the better the drill, the happier you'll be.

That being said, I hate fishing out of 5" holes, even for pannies, 6" is so much more comfortable when you have a 'ducer float in the same hole. 

10/13/21 @ 10:19 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER SINCE 6/22/01

I just use my 5" Lazer auger with a DeWalt DCD991 drill. It's extremely fast and works well when I'm scouting for fish.

10/13/21 @ 9:16 PM
Mr.Seaguar
USER SINCE 2/5/05

6" is already pretty small. I have a 6" Nils orange auger and a cheap Craftsman drill that is faster than any gas auger ever made. EVER, you arguers.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
The Bio-Minnow Vertical Jig is the first vertical jigging bait with a metal tail for increased durability and fine-tuning. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - FishLab Bio-Minnow Vertical Jig
Reinvented with SCIII carbon, IPC mandrel technology and custom Winn split-grip handles. Mojo Musky features 14 models including 3 telescopic rods for easier storage. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - St. Croix Mojo Musky
With MEGA 360 Imaging, we didn’t reinvent the wheel. We redefined it, bringing the unmatched coverage of our 360 Imaging technology into the megahertz range for next-level detail. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA 360 Imaging
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.