Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Custom painting spoons for ice

1/1/15 @ 11:41 PM
ORIGNAL POST
ItsKessler
User since 1/1/15
I have had really good luck lately with red jigs on my home lake with bigger red jigs and was wondering if it would be possible to paint a few small Swedish pimples a custom red color? If this is possible how would I Go about doing it? Thanks Guys -ItsKessler

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/3/15 @ 6:17 PM
Trophy_Taker
User since 4/27/08
Ditto on what Duke M said

Get some powder paint, heat the surface with a heat gun that you want to paint, then sprinkle the paint on. If you do a lot, you can buy the inexpensive spray gun for it, that's what I use for doing musky spinnerbaits. Then be sure to cure the jig or spoon so the paint stays on. The powder paint is really durable.

Lots of youtube videos on this as well. Check em out.

1/2/15 @ 7:56 AM
Duke M
User since 1/12/09
I often do this and spoons are easy. I bought powder paint in the colors I wanted for open water jigs. For ice spoons I wipe the side I want to paint with alcohol and let it dry. Then I heat it with a heat gun. I dip a coffee stir straw into the powder paint and holding the spoon over the open container I tap the straw and sprinkle a layer of powder onto the hot spoon. Back to the heat gun to thoroughly melt and cure the paint, done. Tough paint, very tough.

1/2/15 @ 4:32 AM
marbleeyes7
marbleeyes7
User since 4/1/12
air brush red and then go over it with a sealer to keep paint fron flaking off. start with a chrome or copper pimple. good luck

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.