Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

countdown to go time! :D

8/28/09 @ 6:28 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Ice'n Tibs
USER SINCE 11/18/05
I'm not going to worry about anything until deer season is over, maybe I'll get really lucky, shoot one, and head out on the lake in the afternoon.

I've been working on the shack, but everything else can wait until November.

DISPLAYING 51 TO 60 OF 1,012 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

11/12/20 @ 10:53 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER SINCE 4/2/02

UGH! The cold weather (Highs around 30, lows around 10) keeps getting pushed back a day!!! C'mon Ice!

11/12/20 @ 8:29 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER SINCE 6/22/01

I saw a little bit of ice in the marshes this morning near where I live close to Madison.  My first ice spot will be ready to freeze as soon as we get temps below freezing for highs.

11/11/20 @ 8:27 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER SINCE 6/22/01

It was fun last year being on the ice before getting my deer.  But I'm ok with getting my deer first, then going ice fishing.  Living in the southern part of the state sucks sometimes.  Some years we don't have first ice until New Years! I just do more hunting then.

I can recall in the early 1990's one time back when I lived in Green Bay.  My dad and I went perch fishing on Christmas Eve on the Suamico River.  That's the latest I ever remember open water fishing.

11/11/20 @ 7:29 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
USER SINCE 12/19/11

Yeah I hate to say it but I think your right N pike - daytime averages just aren't dropping enough to build ice anytime soon. I'm still optimistic for the week of Thanksgiving for first ice. 

11/10/20 @ 10:11 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER SINCE 4/2/02

Ice has been very early up north most of the past 5 years. But, I know Milwaukee is a different climate all together. 

I am getting a little concerned about the Thanksgiving ice I was hoping for. Might be awhile. They keep pushing the cold temps back....what looked like an early season might be about right on time....oh well. Gotta just wait it out. 

11/7/20 @ 11:20 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER SINCE 4/2/02

What a strange season! Almost had ice...then it bounced back. Was kind of what I thought might happen. Too cold too quick. Law of averages would mean a warm swing in there somewhere. Water temps at 40 today, so they've stayed down and ready to roll upon the next cold snap. It's going to get cold next week, but I think the real ice will start around November 21st and will be ready around Thanksgiving up north.

10/20/20 @ 9:33 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER SINCE 4/2/02

Can't believe these temps...

10/12/20 @ 9:36 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER SINCE 4/2/02

This is the time of year when buried cable flags remind me of tip ups! And, I have dreams about ice fishing more often. 

9/28/20 @ 8:05 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER SINCE 6/22/01

First frost for Southern Wisconsin possible by the weekend.  Wont be long now!  I doubt I'll be on the ice on November 12th like last year, but you never know! 

8/19/20 @ 6:58 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
USER SINCE 12/19/11

Predicting a snowy winter this year, hopefully a cold November to lock up the lakes before the snow!

Almanac

DISPLAYING 51 TO 60 OF 1,012 POSTS
Advertise here
Minn Kota Ultra: Proven in the real world. Year after year. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Ultrex
Whether you’re looking to plan your next fishing trip, or just make the most of your time on the water, the Humminbird FishSmart app can help. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird FishSmart App
Lithium Ion batteries provide a consistent speed and torque from fillet to fillet, without reduced power or slow down as battery power wanes. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Rapala R12 Fillet Knife Kit
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.