Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

countdown to go time! :D

8/28/09 @ 6:28 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Ice'n Tibs
User since 11/18/05
I'm not going to worry about anything until deer season is over, maybe I'll get really lucky, shoot one, and head out on the lake in the afternoon.

I've been working on the shack, but everything else can wait until November.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 971 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/11/19 @ 3:30 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Hello guys/gals. I'm planning on possibly heading up north this coming weekend (if work doesn't get in the way). I will most likely be flying solo, so no real idea where the actual safe ice is. I used to go up Nort every winter for early ice, with fond memories on Stacks bay (Minocqua), Carroll, Lost, Found, Allequash, Pickerel, Rainbow Flowage, Big SG, Three Lakes Chain, etc, you get the idea! Anyway, I'm 53 now, and haven't made the pilgrimage up there in about 7-8 years. I would love to hang out with someone for the day on Sunday, shoot the breeze, have some beers, and maybe tell a few of my many crazy Navy stories (served from 1986-2000 active duty). If anyone is going to fish next Sunday, and wouldn't mind a tag-along, I would be grateful. I have a flotation suit and enough stuff to drill and fish. Anywhere up north is fine with me, even a lake I've never fished. I just need to stay dry!! Not an immortal 20 something anymore! Ha-ha! Just message me and tell me where you're at. Tight lines everybody and stay safe!

11/10/19 @ 11:45 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Great to get out today. November 10. Earliest ever for me. 

11/8/19 @ 6:03 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Go time is here! 2019! Fishable ice on some waters in Vilas/Oneida County.

Looking forward to this thread again next year! Stay safe everyone. Enjoy this early season bonus! Looks like the weather will be below freezing about 95-98 percent of the time if you go by hours in the next seven days. And sometimes well below freezing.

11/8/19 @ 10:00 AM
AWichman
AWichman
User since 1/6/16

I'm going regardless of the ice conditions on Red. There are plenty of puddle lakes around there that have some really good fishing if Red's a bust. 

11/8/19 @ 9:50 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Awichman - I heard 25+ MPH winds were raising hell with the ice up there this week, but hopefully it holds up! I'm debating on a trip up there the 16/17th. Looking forward to your report if you make it up before then! 

11/8/19 @ 8:53 AM
Fishsqueezer
User since 5/19/06

Making my rounds this morning in northern oneida and southern vilas a number of smaller to medium sized shallower lakes seem locked up pretty nicely. Minocqua was mostly open, town bay in lake tom looked iced over, Madeline and carrol ice covered as was what I could see of the rainbow. I’m sure if one really wanted to go they could find fishable ice this weekend if they take the proper precautions. 

11/8/19 @ 8:48 AM
Salmon/walleyeangler
User since 5/29/16

With the UP Gun opener only a week away Im praying I tag out and can get in the ice up there otherwise opening weekend of Wisconsin gun season I will be on the ice.

11/8/19 @ 8:40 AM
AWichman
AWichman
User since 1/6/16

If everything holds up, I'll be on Upper Red this time next week. They have ice about 2 miles out on the East side with 3" about 1/3-1/2 mile out. With the warmest day in the next 10 to be next Friday at 35 for a high I'm confident I'll be able to get on the walleyes. 

11/8/19 @ 6:50 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Thanks for the report utahman! Got a few lakes about that size on my list to check out in the morning up in that area, thinking I'll find similar ice on some public lakes. 

Tight lines and stay topside fellas!

11/7/19 @ 4:17 PM
utahman
User since 3/9/03

im from the hayward area. private small lake about 80 acres 14ft deep, frozen over with a good solid clear 2-3 inches and growing. with this weather it should be four by sunday. deeper lakes are not freezing but  there are plenty of small ones around to get out on

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 971 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.