Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

countdown to go time! :D

8/28/09 @ 6:28 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Ice'n Tibs
User since 11/18/05
I'm not going to worry about anything until deer season is over, maybe I'll get really lucky, shoot one, and head out on the lake in the afternoon.

I've been working on the shack, but everything else can wait until November.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 1,007 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

12/23/20 @ 9:11 PM
Yahara
User since 11/21/20
Shallow bays and small lakes in Madison had ~2” of ice for a few days, some people went out and fished. Some went through the ice. Most of that that ice is gone now with the warm snap. 

Hopefully this cold will get us some solid ice before the potential big snow next week. 

12/23/20 @ 3:32 PM
tzeilstra
User since 8/4/08

Looks like yet another short season here in Southeast WI. Two days ago, today's forecast high was 40. It's 54 right now and will probably approach 60. The ice won't get going down here until the 2nd half of January now. 

12/11/20 @ 5:50 PM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
User since 3/29/20

I'll be up at our cabin in presqueisle this weekend can't wait to get out on some ice ??

12/11/20 @ 7:37 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

With today's snow storm pushing south and a cold snap next week with no snow cover, our ice forecast is actually looking pretty good. I would imagine by next weekend most lakes in NW WI will have 8-10" which should handle whatever snow mother nature decides to throw after that! 

12/10/20 @ 10:39 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

You should be fine Tzeilstra! Ice held through the warmer weather and will continue to get thicker each day now. 5-6 inches is not uncommon and an ATV was on the ice today on a lake in Conover. This is great!! No snow on the ice! Love it. Great for getting around and a solid base will be made this year.

12/6/20 @ 7:17 PM
tzeilstra
User since 8/4/08
pike - That is awesome! i'm jealous. I'm heading up to the Pickerel area in 2 weeks. Hopefully this week's heatwave won't wreck the ice. 

12/5/20 @ 7:03 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Yes. The forecast continues to climb. Crazy. Wimpy winter so far after that extremely cold October. Got on the ice today with Pike  Junior. Four, maybe 5 inches of ice. Great times. I have not caught a fish probably since early October. Pike Jr same thing. The trend continues. Granted, we don’t get out every weekend, but it’s My worst streak of fishing probably ever. Sometimes it’s good to be humbled! 

12/5/20 @ 9:48 AM
tzeilstra
User since 8/4/08

Well, now that the forecast has highs in the upper 30's to mid 40's all the way to the end of the year, and no significant cooldowns after that, we probably won't be on the ice in SE WI until the end of January. Looks like a repeat of the past couple years, minus the bonus early teaser ice we had in those years. 

12/4/20 @ 8:38 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

2 inches? Heck early ice is almost over by that time!   

12/3/20 @ 10:45 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

I don't know whether guys are ice fishing in Madison or not...but I will say that from my experience, guys in SE Wisconsin are onto the ice in a much thinner manner than up north. 2 inches is go time in SE Wisconsin for quite a few. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 1,007 POSTS
Advertise here
Built for the roughest conditions with more options and safety first and foremost in the design. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ICE FORCE - NEW Strikemaster Pro Suit
Mojo Ice gets a face-lift for 2021; sporting a new carbon dust blank and flat finish reel seat. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - NEW Mojo Ice Rods
Minn Kota Ultra: Proven in the real world. Year after year. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Ultrex
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.