SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Cabela's Men's Zoned Comfort Trac™ Hybrid 1,200-gram Rubber Boots

10/17/19 @ 12:26 PM
INITIAL POST
Walleye 1
User since 6/22/01

Rubber boots, love'em or hate'em? Looking at new boots for hunting/ice fishing.

Thanks

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
10/20/19 @ 1:54 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

I bought Muck arctic rubber boots last year and use them hunting and ice fishing, love em!!

10/19/19 @ 11:47 AM
AWichman
AWichman
User since 1/6/16

I have the Baffin Apex and have absolutely no complaints. Yes they are expensive, but my feet are warm and dry. I also have no issues kneeling or standing in them. 

10/17/19 @ 1:37 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

I wear my Muck's kneeling every time I fish... no shacks, buckets, or chairs for me either.

They are far less bulky then the Alpha's which I think helps. All the Alpha's I've had over 800 have been clumsy to lug around in.

10/17/19 @ 1:27 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

I'll be going on my 3rd season with the Lacrosse Alphaburly pro 1600g boots with several hundred hours of use each year. Warmest boots I've ever worn. My complaint and reason I won't buy another rubber pair is the comfort while kneeling. They aren't bad for the occasional kneeler, but I don't use a shack or seat so I'm on my knees 100% of the time other than when on the move and rubber boots are not ideal when spending that kind of time kneeling. Quality wise no complaints, kneeling puts a lot of wear and tear on a boot but they haven't leaked yet. 

I also haven't found a 100% waterproof pair that isn't rubber - anyone have any suggestions on that? I would rather sacrifice the comfort for being waterproof so I haven't switched boots yet.

10/17/19 @ 12:58 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

I have worn the Muck Arctic Sport Tall for two season now and they have been great, no cold feet and no complaints. I wear them hunting and ice fishing. They seem to go on easier then other "rubber" boots and lock your foot into place once on. 

I've had Cabelas and Lacrosse in the past and neither is even close to the Muck.

10/17/19 @ 12:30 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

I bought Muck Artic Ice tall boots with the Vibram soles last year for hunting and ice fishing and I absolutely love them.  Comfortable, warm, and dry. The Vibram soles make all the difference when walking and even just standing around all day watching tip ups.   

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE