SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Blue Tipz Lights worth the $.

12/20/16 @ 3:18 PM
INITIAL POST
Red Eagle
User since 12/17/16

I was wondering what everyone's experience with the Lights are? I'm thinking about picking up 3 of them and the box that allows you to stretch them out farther. I know they run off a bluetooth. And I would be running mine either off my I-phone or I have an old Samsung Galaxy S5 that would be dedicated strictly for the Tip ups, depending on strength of signal. I like to spread my tip ups about 150 yards. If family comes along I plan on using my frabill lights in front and then running the Blue Tipz in back of my shack where it's harder to see. I primarily fish Walleyes and the night bite.

Few questions:

1. Max range without power booster? and with power booster?

2. Does phone type/iphone vs Android make a difference?

3. I read somewhere (can't remember where) that this year's models are improved range wise, is that true?

4. Anyone getting a delay in signal from actual flag up to the phone?

5. Customer service?

Thanks

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
1/18/20 @ 8:29 AM
jwog666
jwog666
User since 7/30/10

Wi dnr regs state that lines have to be tended to in a timely manner, flag goes up, 3 seconds later I'm notified, 1 minute of atv travel or less and I'm at the tip up tending to it. Nothing illegal at all. Already verified by several conservation wardens. They in fact think the same as I do, that lines are actually tended to faster, and potential mortality is reduced because of using sensors.

1/18/20 @ 8:24 AM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

I don’t know the exact wording on the rules for unattended lines but it sounds like someone is in violation. I’m not pointing fingers just trying to keep fishermen out of trouble. CARPIO 

1/17/20 @ 11:59 PM
jwog666
jwog666
User since 7/30/10

I prefer these, locally owned and designed, 1 mile line of sight range, built in white light mode for night fishing to prevent accidentally being run over by passing vehicles. Been using them for years. Best part? Stand alone remote , no stupid apps to download, and no range extenders needed. https://www.vulturesystems.com

1/17/20 @ 11:26 AM
CHISEL
PRO MEMBER User since 6/19/01

Just got back from the cabin after trying the new Blue Tipz flex with a Receiver. The range they had using the receiver to extend it was impressive. The farthest tip up I had was probably 75 yards from the cabin thru the woods and had no issues with picking up the signal on my phone. Just for the heck of it I moved one out to close to 100 yards just to see if it still worked which it did. The only issue I had was the second day I got the alert on my phone but the sound did not activate. It may have just been a setting but I couldn't figure it out. I ended up reloading the software and reprogrammed them and they worked fine then.  The only complaint I have is programing them is not real user friendly even when using the videos they have online (manual). It may be that I'm 66 years old and not as tech savvy as younger people but I managed to get them working after playing around with them for a while.     

1/5/20 @ 12:19 AM
CHISEL
PRO MEMBER User since 6/19/01

I have a cabin up north on a lake. I emailed Brad at Deepfreezefishing.com to find out his thoughts on my cabin being up a hill. He said I shouldn't have any issues especially with a receiver. He recommended putting the receiver up in the air as high as possible. He was very helpful. Every time I set up my tip ups I'm constantly checking them out the window which is a pain to do. I just picked up 3 of the newer Flex models along with a receiver. The new Flex transmitters use AAA battery and have a longer life than the old original coin style battery transmitters. I played with them in the yard and the distance they worked, not even using the receiver, was impressive. At 200 ft they activated my phone almost immediately every time but when I went inside the house it worked but not every time. You have to be near the window for them to work. That's were you need a receiver.  Heading up north to try them in a couple weeks. I will let you know my experience with them when I get back.

12/25/19 @ 9:17 PM
gater
User since 11/25/07

I'm thinking about getting the blue tipz transmitters. I see the responses are mixed but they are a few years old. What do you think of the newer ones? I was wondering is it worth getting the reciever or do you get enough range using the app?

12/24/16 @ 6:01 PM
nbaker2
nbaker2
User since 3/6/09

Used some 2 years ago, was not happy with the results at all.  Alarm was very delayed if it even sounded at all.  Great idea just didnt work that well for me.

12/21/16 @ 9:28 AM
drkstr71
drkstr71
User since 6/15/01

love my blue tipz.

Range while using in a portable shack is aroun 100-150 yds with no problem.

Range can be an issue if you are in a perma shack.

Phone doesnt matter bluetooth is bluetooth. I run mine on a galaxy s5.

I dont know if they did anyupgrades this year but they did last year (when I bought mine)

Customer service is awesome, you can PM the owner of the company on faceboook and he will personally reply generally within an hour.

At 100yds it may take 3 seconds for the alarm to fire after the flag pops. less delay the closer you set

Pull the trigger and get them you will thank yourself later

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE